Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shortest vid is probably the most important

Comment

Well, I was finally able to watch all the vids. Good info.

I was most impressed with EDGE FINISH increased penetration by 26%!

That feller is a wealth of info.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        Well, I was finally able to watch all the vids. Good info.

I was most impressed with EDGE FINISH increased penetration by 26%!

That feller is a wealth of info.
        The Devil in always in the details. Maximizing lethality is a culmination of many different factors. The focus usually centers around FOC and Mass but there are a ton of other factors that if applied correctly increase killing potential exponentially. The archery community is very fortunate all this great information readily available at our finger tips. it all just boils down to how much attention to detail one wants to invest.

How is your build going, have you decided on anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          The Devil in always in the details. Maximizing lethality is a culmination of many different factors. The focus usually centers around FOC and Mass but there are a ton of other factors that if applied correctly increase killing potential exponentially. The archery community is very fortunate all this great information readily available at our finger tips. it all just boils down to how much attention to detail one wants to invest.

How is your build going, have you decided on anything yet?
          Im still studying. Gonna order some Grizzstiks here pretty soon....I think. $100 for 6 arrows is pretty steep for a po-boy like me. The more I look at it, the more I think "why try to fix something that aint broke"?
          The Saga continues. I appreciate yalls input, 'specially the vids.

Comment

Im still studying. Gonna order some Grizzstiks here pretty soon....I think. $100 for 6 arrows is pretty steep for a po-boy like me. The more I look at it, the more I think "why try to fix something that aint broke"?
            I went from the lightest arrows I could get for speed to the heaviest I could shoot .. in the end I'm back to middle ground now.. I figured out that I want a arrow flying above 270 ft a second.. I think what gets lost in the ranch fairy and other heavy arrow advocates recommendations is shooting distance.. i don't hunt over a feeder at 18 yards.. i don't want a yard or two to make a difference in a hit or a miss / wounded animal..

The main thing that has helped my arrows is sharpening my broadheads.. i take em out of the package and strop them on leather until the edge is razor sharp and smooth..

I shoot 450 grains out of my regular hunting bow and 550 out of what I call my pig bow.. the 450 kills pigs just as well as the 550

Comment

Black eagle 400 spine- 6.9 gpi
              26.5- 27"
              50 grain insert
              125 grain exodus, slick trick, hornet etc
              380 grains = 18.2% foc
              This would be a great deer arrow, make a heavy arrow for pigs over 150# to keep in the quiver, or just shoot the big pigs in the neck

Comment

As a traditional archer, shooting arrows 170-180 fps, I'd suggest not going nuts on the high FOC stuff. I've been there done that, and gone back to a reasonably heavy arrow instead (600-650 grains). For a compound, 500 gr arrows will be plenty in North America. Build an arrow that is TOUGH, and flies straight. I've heard bad stuff about grizzlystiks, personally. Mostly that they don't spine/spin consistently, or group well.

The reality, is that a tough arrow will be reasonably heavy, and will have decent FOC just by nature of using a brass or stainless steel insert. Then get your broadheads sharp and you're good to go. At a lot less exense than tinkering endlessly, I might add.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  As a traditional archer, shooting arrows 170-180 fps, I'd suggest not going nuts on the high FOC stuff. I've been there done that, and gone back to a reasonably heavy arrow instead (600-650 grains). For a compound, 500 gr arrows will be plenty in North America. Build an arrow that is TOUGH, and flies straight. I've heard bad stuff about grizzlystiks, personally. Mostly that they don't spine/spin consistently, or group well.

The reality, is that a tough arrow will be reasonably heavy, and will have decent FOC just by nature of using a brass or stainless steel insert. Then get your broadheads sharp and you're good to go. At a lot less exense than tinkering endlessly, I might add.
                  Yeah, I keep thinking, why fix something that isn't broken. I have been shooting my setup for many years and it is accurate, fast(kinda) and I get pass throughs. What else do I need? Basically, Im satisfied with its performance. I am the only thing that has changed. I had stated my accuracy has suffered, but that's my fault not the bow and arrow. I am presently in the process of tuning myself instead of the arrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X