No announcement yet.

KUIU bino harness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the pro version with storage pouch on the bottom. Toted it all over Colorado in the snow for 9 days and it did great. Also got the hydration bag that clips to the back, didn't use it then or it would have froze but that's been super useful back here in Texas on my son's public hunts here. Very happy with it. Wife has the Alaska Guide Creations and it's nice too but I definitely like the KUIU better by a considerable margin.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
      Which color? Interested in selling it? The only color they have in the pro series is gray. The other colors are back ordered.
      Sorry bud. Going to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefecinco View Post
        I have the Pro. Love it. Used the Alaskan Guide for years. Like this one better. Less bulky. And I like that the top slides forward verses having to hold it up like the AGC.
        The way the lid folds and you have to unzip the entire side pocket zipper is the only things I don’t like about the AGC.

Comment

I’ve got 4-5 of them. I also have 3 Marsupial. I’ve tried just about every bino harness out there. I think they are like truck bed covers. All slightly different but there is no such thing as “perfect”. You give up at least one thing with EVERY bino harness. The type of hunt I am going on dictates the harness (Kuiu or Marsupial). For me, these are the best two on the market by a good bit.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
            I’ve got 4-5 of them. I also have 3 Marsupial. I’ve tried just about every bino harness out there. I think they are like truck bed covers. All slightly different but there is no such thing as “perfect”. You give up at least one thing with EVERY bino harness. The type of hunt I am going on dictates the harness (Kuiu or Marsupial). For me, these are the best two on the market by a good bit.
            What determines which of these two you will use? I have the Marsupial, and have used it sparingly so far on Texas hunts. I like the low profile of it, but I think I'd want more storage room on a Backcountry hunt.
            Last edited by Hockley; 01-07-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
              What determines which of these two you will use? I have the Marsupial and have use it sparingly so far on Texas hunts. I like it, but I think I'd want more storage room on a Backcountry hunt.

Amount of activity and expected amounts of dust or moisture.

The straps on Kuiu are more comfortable when I’m putting on miles in warmer weather (wearing it over a merino wool shirt). If I’m wearing over thicker clothes or a jacket it won’t matter.

The Kuiu also provides more protection in dusty or rainy environments as it completely surrounds the bino. The Marsupial is open on the side and doesn’t keep our dust or rain as well. Not a concern often but it is sometimes. If rain is just a potential then I’ll take the marsupial and keep a rain cover in my pocket.

The Marsupial is easier to get the binos in and out of and I enjoy the fact that I’m not basically unhooking the upper straps from the pouch every time I use my binos like I am with the Kuiu.

I will take my Kuiu harnesses when I go to hunt in BC next fall as it will be a very active hunt and rain is almost certain. I’ll use my marsupial when I’m hunting mule deer on the Eastern Plains of Colorado in December and all year when I’m chasing whitetail.

Storage isn’t an issue to me as the only thing I want on my harness is my rangefinder and a wind checker bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                Amount of activity and expected amounts of dust or moisture.

The straps on Kuiu are more comfortable when I’m putting on miles in warmer weather (wearing it over a merino wool shirt). If I’m wearing over thicker clothes or a jacket it won’t matter.

The Kuiu also provides more protection in dusty or rainy environments as it completely surrounds the bino. The Marsupial is open on the side and doesn’t keep our dust or rain as well. Not a concern often but it is sometimes. If rain is just a potential then I’ll take the marsupial and keep a rain cover in my pocket.

The Marsupial is easier to get the binos in and out of and I enjoy the fact that I’m not basically unhooking the upper straps from the pouch every time I use my binos like I am with the Kuiu.

I will take my Kuiu harnesses when I go to hunt in BC next fall as it will be a very active hunt and rain is almost certain. I’ll use my marsupial when I’m hunting mule deer on the Eastern Plains of Colorado in December and all year when I’m chasing whitetail.

Storage isn’t an issue to me as the only thing I want on my harness is my rangefinder and a wind checker bottle.

Why do you unhook your straps when you use your bino with the kuiu?

I hunted a week with 2 guys that had the pro model and I have the basic model, only time anyone unhooked a strap was to take the whole system off.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Why do you unhook your straps when you use your bino with the kuiu?

I hunted a week with 2 guys that had the pro model and I have the basic model, only time anyone unhooked a strap was to take the whole system off.

I don’t “unhook” the top straps but the top straps are connected to the binos (not the pouch) and the pouch can flip down. Doesn’t happen often but it seems like I’m up, moving and holding my bow with one and and using my binos with the other when it does happen. Not a huge issue but can be an inconvenience.

Like I said, I’ve tried just about every harness out there. I’m not digging on the Kuiu. I split my time between the Kuiu and the Marsupial. I like them both for what they are. But neither of them are perfect. However, I do believe that they are the two best options on the market for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                    The way the lid folds and you have to unzip the entire side pocket zipper is the only things I don’t like about the AGC.
                    Agreed.

Comment

I like mine. Comfortable with easy access. Added a rangefinder holster over the side strap instead of the bottom. This XL is a little big for the 10x42’s I carry. I’d trade for a L in the same model if someone needs XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any PROs for sale?

Comment

Any PROs for sale?
                          Would love the PRO version, but they are sold out until may 2020!!
                          Got an email yesterday from KUIU ………..they are in stock and ready to ship!!! I ended up getting the new PRO harness, lanyard, rangefinder holder and additional storage that attaches at the bottom of the harness...….lol! It never ends!
                          Last edited by Landrover; 04-08-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I've got one with the rangefinder add-on. Super quiet. Excellent system. Been using it for 2 seasons thus far.

Comment

They're great. I have two. best ones i've used.

Comment

They are great. I like mine. The only thing I have found I like better for western spot and stalk are the solo huntr bino/rangefinder harness. Very slim to your chest.

Comment

Working...
                                X