No announcement yet.

Youth Fairfield sp spike and antlerless hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck this PM. My son is very excited to head there tomorrow. How many stands are there? How many people are hunting with y’all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has to be 20 plus kids. I know they have stands that haven't been hunted yet. One doe was shot this morning and another kid missed something. And my daughter shot too low on a doe this morning. We are back at it this afternoon. On a pipeline.

Comment

There's 29? Stands I think, they won't use all of them and rotate in new ones for second hunt, the will re-hunt one with reported hot deer activity.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          Has to be 20 plus kids. I know they have stands that haven't been hunted yet. One doe was shot this morning and another kid missed something. And my daughter shot too low on a doe this morning. We are back at it this afternoon. On a pipeline.
          Good luck tonight Justin. Did y’all move stand locations or back in the same one?

Comment

We moved to a pipeline. Stand 24

Comment

Hopin for good news bout this evening hunt! If you don’t mind I will continue your thread when we get there tomorrow.

Comment

Ok we are done. She shot a sow at stand 24 this evening. Had about 20 or 30 come out for us.

Comment

Ok we are done. She shot a sow at stand 24 this evening. Had about 20 or 30 come out for us.

Nice!!!

Comment

Great job.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck to the group starting the hunt today. It was a fun one with my daughter

Comment

We moved to a pipeline. Stand 24
                        Was that the one of the ones by the south boat ramp? We hunted 23 on year I think, afterwards they said that wasn't one of the better stands but we had success there

Comment

I'm not sure to be honest it is past a a cemetery and the park police officers house

Comment

We got stand 16, right behind the maintenance building. Headed back now from Mexia since somebody failed to bring the tent stakes and rain fly. Lol. Cell service is very sketchy at the park.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              Was that the one of the ones by the south boat ramp? We hunted 23 on year I think, afterwards they said that wasn't one of the better stands but we had success there
                              We drew stand 23 for this hunt. Hopefully we have some success there as well.

Comment

If 23 is close to 24 there should be some pigs. A kid killed two 90 pound field dressed doe close to 24 also.

Comment

Working...
                                X