How is your wild game stash holding??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is your wild game stash holding??

About the only upside of this whole SiP is getting to eat more game...not sure why but there's been a good uptick of 'what's in the freezer' going around & diggin it.

In decent shape with dove & white wing. Doing redfish on the half shell tonite (one bag / fish left) & plenty of venison. I know I got some quail & digging them out next if something with the ground deer doesn't get made first.

Holding strong. Was barely able to get both freezers closed after last season. Finally able to put some other stuff in there.........like Ice Cream

Comment

I should've shot another deer

Comment

Still holding but not for long.

Comment

Missing not having a lease last season.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            We had poor numbers down in Starr & didn't they rebound like other ranches for some weird reason...I only shot one but have some carry over from last year. Sadly, if we don't get some serious rain it's going to be the same next season. Ranch looks pitiful.

Comment

Just got out some pork for dinner and realized the past few weeks have put a good dent in my supply. Time to set the trap again.

Comment

Doing good for now.

Comment

All we eat is wild so we haven’t noticed too much of a difference. I thought we had enough for the year but I am betting we won’t. Last year we went through a wildebeest , axis , oryx and can’t remember what else. Right now we have sambar, Arabian oryx , kudu and gemsbok in the freezers.

Comment

I am ok, but will need a exotic trip in May

Comment

mine is great and I can restock it anytime I please!

Comment

Holding out well getting a little low on ground meat but plenty of backstrap steaks a couple shoulders and a neck roast

Comment

Still going made a dent freezer was full. Hope to get low enough to justify an Axis meat hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            I would have FILLED my tags but oh well, "ain't mad at 'em anymore for several years now" so we are out of Venison & Elk. My "hunting son" fills his tags every year and has 2 freezers full of the above. Problems is he works in NM and we are a 8 hour drive apart.

Just resorting to grilling and eating plain old Pork, Beef, but counting our blessings we have that. All the food paranoia has taught me a lesson, God willing.....no more unused tags the next season whenever it may be.

Comment

Still going strong, and I still got another I have not picked up

Comment

Working...
                              X