Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe people have finally had enough of this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    The report was not a randomized clinical trial—one in which many people are followed to see how their health fares, not simply whether a virus is detectable. And Oz’s “100 percent” interpretation involves conspicuous omissions. According to the study itself, three other patients who received hydroxychloroquine were too sick to be tested for the virus by day six (they were intubated in the ICU). Another had a bad reaction to the drug and stopped taking it. Another was not tested because, by day six, he had died.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-trump/609547/
    Anthony Fauci is not among the impressed. The day the study came out, Fauci, the leading infectious-disease expert advising the White House’s coronavirus task force, downplayed the findings as “anecdotal.”

Fauci wasn't impressed because his buddy Bill Gates doesn't have a patent on hydroxycholoroquin. They won't get to peddle his Corona Vaccine if any other medicines cure it. Get ready for it vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine. You will have to take this vaccine to get on a plane, a train, to go to school, to work. It is coming

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      My wife just turned on CNN for a bit and they have an expert on there right now that says The coronavirus is nature way of dealing with climate change. How can people watch that crap?
      I buy it. Nature is just showing us that we don't, can't and won't ever control didley squat. But that is probably not the take the CNN "expert" had.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        Where are you seeing this? My wife and daughter are both in the medical fields and that's not the case in the Houston area.

That is blatantly false!! My wife is at Memorial Hermann in Houston and all their nursing staff, medical techs, and such are being furloughed at least one day out of every pay period right now and she's at the Woodlands campus which is a trauma center (where AntlerCollector's son was taken) and they are all in the same boat. The OR staff on night and day shifts are sitting around twiddling their thumbs or playing games/reading on their iPads. Same is true for the Methodist Hospital system many, many furloughs. My wife just got the call last night on her latest update and was told when to come in and when to stay home for the next 2 weeks.

I'm not saying there aren't some hospitals that are crowded, but the VAST majority of the largest hospital complex on the planet associated with the Texas Medical Center are WAY below normal occupancy, to the tune of 8,000+ beds.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
          The whole point of flattening the curve is to give medical staff a chance to keep up so they don't have to triage you or your wife when they don't have enough equipment.
          We have a model, New York. It didn’t use the capacity or equipment forecasted so the rest of the country should be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            That is blatantly false!! My wife is at Memorial Hermann in Houston and all their nursing staff, medical techs, and such are being furloughed at least one day out of every pay period right now and she's at the Woodlands campus which is a trauma center (where AntlerCollector's son was taken) and they are all in the same boat. The OR staff on night and day shifts are sitting around twiddling their thumbs or playing games/reading on their iPads. Same is true for the Methodist Hospital system many, many furloughs. My wife just got the call last night on her latest update and was told when to come in and when to stay home for the next 2 weeks.

I'm not saying there aren't some hospitals that are crowded, but the VAST majority of the largest hospital complex on the planet associated with the Texas Medical Center are WAY below normal occupancy, to the tune of 8,000+ beds.
            So you saying im telling a lie? Sir im sorry what you think but where my daughter works, they aren't laying off and my wife is working lots of hours. I can tell you this sir Hermann is a horrible company to work for, my wife worked there for several years and they were doing that then and giving the ones there 10 patients to take care of.

Comment

My brother is a hospital pharmacist & they have cut his hours back due to reduced patient load.

Comment

Just called back to work my first employee....................

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                  I’d be interested to know where you got this data. All of the articles I’ve seen were underpowered or poorly done and show no statistical difference. The French study is full of holes. If you factor in the 6 patients that were taken off the drug, you could be at 50/50 efficacy. BUT 50/50 is better than nothing. I hope to God it does actually work and I would definitely take it if I got sick. I just think they need to be a bit more honest about the probability of it working.
                  More & more reports are coming in of great success when it is used with Zinc & a Z-pak...I wouldn't say 100% because I'm sure some have underlying issues & will still get blamed on a corona death, but if I or a loved one was sick enough to leave the house I would insist on this recipe.

Trump had to pull back it's success since there were no trials but I think it's time to shout it from the mountain tops. Waiting to see if he mentions it now.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                    So you saying im telling a lie? Sir im sorry what you think but where my daughter works, they aren't laying off and my wife is working lots of hours. I can tell you this sir Hermann is a horrible company to work for, my wife worked there for several years and they were doing that then and giving the ones there 10 patients to take care of.
                    Again, we are not seeing the same picture as you are in this deal. We have hired 20 OR and Staff nurses just this week to cover our jobs. We do not have Memorial Hermann anywhere around here. Our major hospitals are Baptist and Christus and they are letting folks go due to inactivity. ICU beds are at 30% utilization in Beaumont, Texas, which from what I understand is less than desirable for ROI.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      Just called back to work my first employee....................
                      So are you going in? I hear the boss is kind of a jerk.

JK. Glad to hear some good news and hope it's a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Again, we are not seeing the same picture as you are in this deal. We have hired 20 OR and Staff nurses just this week to cover our jobs. We do not have Memorial Hermann anywhere around here. Our major hospitals are Baptist and Christus and they are letting folks go due to inactivity. ICU beds are at 30% utilization in Beaumont, Texas, which from what I understand is less than desirable for ROI.
                        I wonder if it's because the hospitals are turning away the normal crowds that use the ER for thier doctor. They are doing that to keep beds free for the expected run. They are also canceling nonessential medical procedures

Comment

Yes yes and yes!

The people getting admitted by the day are they corona virus orients or just normal pneumonia and flu cases? I think that is what we are asking. I believe you and your wife and daughter. The problem is we have been bamboozled by the bad models that predicted entirely wrong. Every hospital got ready for a national epidemic that was never going to happen. The other side will cheer that social distancing worked which I do agree to certain percent. To shut the economy down for this was wrong. The very first govt model was wrong and it is still wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Folks I’m on the endangered species list myself. Over 60. This stuff needs to end. If need be I’ll wear mask until this is over. To coin Moses phrase “Let my people go”!

Comment

I wonder why the social distancing & restrictions wasn’t just placed on the higher risk folks to shelter in place as much as possible and let general population that are lower risk maintain normalcy? Or is it just easier to put restrictions in place for all citizens? Or is it easier to control for all to shelter in place to reduce risk of carriers of virus within low risk groups?
                              Just curious on thoughts about it

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                                Yes yes and yes!

The people getting admitted by the day are they corona virus orients or just normal pneumonia and flu cases? I think that is what we are asking. I believe you and your wife and daughter. The problem is we have been bamboozled by the bad models that predicted entirely wrong. Every hospital got ready for a national epidemic that was never going to happen. The other side will cheer that social distancing worked which I do agree to certain percent. To shut the economy down for this was wrong. The very first govt model was wrong and it is still wrong.

Sent from my iPhone
                                I agree 100 percent.

Comment

Working...
                                X