Won't see this very often...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't see this very often...

Two Repeaters available & listed almost at the same time.

Why is it called a repeater?

Comment

Why is it called a repeater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

there is an echo in here!

Comment

There were only an approximate 700 Repeaters made back in the 70's...all the others are single shot. Rarely does one pop up.

Here's mine & actually more rare having the open sights option.
          Attached Files

Comment

A repeating rifle, or repeater for short, is a single-barrel rifle capable of repeated discharges following a single ammunition reload, typically by having multiple cartridges stored in a magazine (within or attached to the gun) and then fed into the chamber by the bolt via either a manual or automatic mechanism,

Comment

Most 40x’s were single shots

Comment

That’s freaking gorgeous but wayyyy outta my price range, especially for a 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  Most 40x’s were single shots
                  That explains it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    There were only an approximate 700 Repeaters made back in the 70's...all the others are single shot. Rarely does one pop up.

Here's mine & actually more rare having the open sights option.

Hey podner, wouldn't want to part with that 61 would you?

Comment

****, that is beautiful. Maple stock? The links you posted are not working, or at least not for me, probably a good thing.

Comment

Never seen or heard of one. But dang those are nice!!!!!!!

Comment

Links are working for me & looks like one sold & same chap listed another but with sights. Kinda surprised that one sold before the other as the First Stop gun looked better to me anyway...I actually have my eye on one that looks similar to it. Crazy to see all these popping up.

Here's the new / open sight listing.

Charlie,

That's my only 61 & really too nice to shoot...I 'might' have a 62 I can part with if I end up getting this 2nd repeater. These fancy 22's may force me to lighten the collection elsewhere. Looking at acquiring an early Kimber Custom Match as well.

RBP,

Too dark to be maple...good question, let me look into to exactly what sort of fiddleback this is. The fella I'm dealing with is very knowledgeable & has a gun with very similar wood & only one digit s/n difference & we think they likely came from the same tree.
                          Last edited by Artos; 04-11-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Links are working for me & looks like one sold & same chap listed another but with sights. Kinda surprised that one sold before the other as the First Stop gun looked better to me anyway...I actually have my eye on one that looks similar to it. Crazy to see all these popping up.

Here's the new / open sight listing.

Charlie,

That's my only 61 & really too nice to shoot...I 'might' have a 62 I can part with if I end up getting this 2nd repeater. These fancy 22's may force me to lighten the collection elsewhere. Looking at acquiring an early Kimber Custom Match as well.

RBP,

Too dark to be maple...good question, let me look into to exactly what sort of fiddleback this is. The fella I'm dealing with is very knowledgeable & has a gun with very similar wood & only one digit s/n difference & we think they likely came from the same tree.
                            Man that rifle is beautiful, the one in the link has some very nice walnut, for a stock. I would have guessed $1200 to $1500 at the most for one of those rifles. I am a big Remington fan, but **** $7,800. If I had the money, I guess I would pay it to have something that nice, but one not own more than one.

Comment

I don't know what the stock on your rifle is made of, the only thing I can think of, is Maple. I used to look through a Fajen rifle stock catalog as a kid and drool over some of the different beautiful pieces of wood they had in the catalog. I can tell you from memory, that the piece of wood on your rifle was a expensive blank at one point. A rifle blank like that back in the 80s, from Fajen would easily be $800 to $1200. The only wood I can think of with fiddle back like that, that I used to see in the Fajen catalogs was Maple. I know there were some beautiful pieces of French Walnut, that also had some fiddle back like that, but I want to say they were darker, but I may be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X