Best Practices? - Selling Guns and Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Practices? - Selling Guns and Ammo

So I'm used to this being done at an FFL, so the "where" was never an issue.

I see folks posting FTF only which i get but if I don't know you, you're not coming to my house.

Pulling guns out in a parking lot somewhere could get unwanted attention.

So WHERE?

I see lots of posts saying FTF, TDL and TCL only. Other that TCL how do you know that someone is not a prohibited person?

With the current events going on I got some Glocks and ammo of I bought during the last "panic" in Kalifornia. Never thought I be even able to break even but now I'm thinking of moving them so I can buy a different Toy.
    Weighing the risk/hassle factor...

So how do you go about it?

ive bought/sold/traded many, many guns in parking lots of gas stations, department stores, restaurants and never had an issue. I've gotten some awkward looks, but 100% legal nonetheless.. the swap is fast, but what really gets a look is the after swap small talk while me and another guy are bs'ing holding long guns...

Comment

Sell it on here & you can be 99% sure that they're not on any "prohibited" list or that they'll knock you over the head & take 'em. That's one of the great things about Texas, no government oversight on person-to-person firearms sales....yet. Meet your buyer/seller @ in a sporting goods store parking lot or similar, shouldn't raise too much concern there. It's really nobody's business anyway.

Comment

I have no problem meeting a TBH member at
        My house. Academy parking lot, etc is fine too.

Comment

Only time I have ever had a problem was in a mall parking lot. A security guard strolled up on his golf cart and asked us what we where doing with those guns. LOL...we told him we where doing a trade. He politely told us we couldnt do it there and asked us to leave. We told him yes sir and he drove off. We swapped guns and left.

Comment

As others have said, parking lots mostly. Never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post

So how do you go about it?
              just use common sense

Comment

Cabela's, Lowe's, Wal-mart, Heb, gas station, Academy, fast food joint.

Off the top of my head I've done a TBH gun transaction at the following places.

Comment

I've done them all over but most from this site or THF

Comment

Many parking lot's all over the State. Never an issue.

Comment

I've bought & sold several here on TBH with no issues. Usually meet at Basspro or Academy parking lot for the exchange, but have also had TBH members come to my house. I simply ask if they are allowed to own a firearm & if the answer is yes we do the paperwork...aka cash.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have met several at parking lots all over. Bass Pro, H-E-B, Buccees, etc. have shipped several and received several via shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the kind replies. I'm still adjusting to "Free America".

Comment

Several inaccurate assumptions in threads like this.

Gary

Comment

Did two TBH transactions in the last three weeks. One in an Academy parking lot and the other in a hotel parking lot. I’ve done it often with never an issue. Enjoy your freedom.

Comment

Working...
                              X