Car help question part 2...check engine codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car help question part 2...check engine codes

so as some of y'all read the first post about the car dying on my and low idol or as soon as I go from reverse to drive. went to auto zone and they said its an electrical issue.
    ***** Code P0010=indicates the bank 1 intake camshaft actuator electrical circuit had a fault lodged in the computer or was disconnected for a predetermined period of time..( I def didn't disconnect anything)

***** Code P0011 intake camshaft position timing-over-advanced (bank 1)
    *****Code 0010 intake camshaft position actuator circuit (bank 1)

any of y'all know what all this requires to fix and how expensive? its a 2014 Chevy Equinox with 46,000 miles. thanks

OOOOH!!! The dreaded sensor failure the all sucking of money and time car part. Not a mechanic nor personal experience, but do know that on work trucks it sure takes up a lot of time and cost for parts.

Comment

Looks like you need a Camshaft Position sensor... would try it first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N53soQc10OQ

Comment

I would try disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes.
        Give the computer time to reset...
        And see if the codes come back....
        Just a thought....

Comment

Ever notice that 99.99% of the time all we ever need to fix, is the sensors that are supposed to tell us when there is something wrong........

Comment

Probably not a sensor. Most likely the camshaft actuator solenoid fairly common on gm vehicles.

Comment

Not under warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by wdixon View Post
                Probably not a sensor. Most likely the camshaft actuator solenoid fairly common on gm vehicles.
                had the exact thing happen on 2010 Yukon a couple of months ago. It cost me $1200 at stealership

Comment

If you are the original owner then your under factory power train warranty still, the 2.4 engs are notorious for timing chain, guides,actuator problems and will jump time and bend all the intake valves so don't be driving it until it is taken in.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will call the dealership on Monday regarding it. I have a friend that works at auto zone and the part is only $55

Comment

I went and checked with Identifix and it looks like the majority of the time when it throws that code it's going to be the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid.

Shot me a message if you need any other info

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

What sort of oil are you using?

Comment

Kingfisher, whatever oil the dealership puts in it. take it to them for oil changes because they are free first 3 years

futurider its hard to read the small font on the page ou posted but have a few people tell me that about the ICPAS

Comment

Basically what it was saying is a 114 confirm fixes were because the icpas next probably with 22 confirm fixes was the cam position sensor

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                              I would try disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes.
                              Give the computer time to reset...
                              And see if the codes come back....
                              Just a thought....

You don't have to wait 30 minutes. Just disconnect the battery, then turn on your headlights. This will drain the electrical system quickly and it will allow you to connect everything back up in a matter of a couple of minutes instead of half an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X