Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a verticle metal bandsaw in houston

Hey guys,
    I need to make a dash plate for my boat out of 1/4 inch or so aluminum. Does anyone in the Houston area have a vertical metal band saw they could let me use for an hour or so? I don't know how else to do it and its not practical for me to buy one.

Thanks

Ryan

You might try a metal cutting wheel on a 4" angle grinder. That usually works for me.

Comment

Jig saw maybe?

Comment

you think those would do 1/4 inch aluminum OK? I haven't ever tried cutting something that thick with a jig saw. It has a curve to it so I don't trust myself to do it with the cutting wheel... if only my wife would buy me a plasma cutter.

Comment

I saw a thing online for making a portable band saw into a small table saw.... **** i want one of those now.

Comment

A jigsaw will handle 1/4" aluminum. Run the SPM at almost the same speed as wood, but just a tad slower. Don't force the blade. Just let it do it's own thing and you will be fine. And wear safety glasses please.
            Clean up the cut with a rough file. Then a fine one. Or sanding disk.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-13-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
              I saw a thing online for making a portable band saw into a small table saw.... **** i want one of those now.
              youtube video on how to or they sell them already made pretty neat idea

Comment

Working...
              X