Diy rifle targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy rifle targets

Had some free time today so i drew these up and cut em out with the jigsaw and painted them. My plan is to attach my steel gongs to a gate hinge and hang the gong in the cutout hole. Should make for some fun shooting atleast more fun than punching paper anyways. Made them with osb. Just gotta be careful to not shoot the wood.

Pretty sweet right there!

Comment

Thats pretty cool. Should be some fun shooting.

Comment

Nicely done! I love realistic targets...

Comment

That's nice! Do you think the wood is going to probably take a beating at least from fragmentation?

Chootum!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
            That's nice! Do you think the wood is going to probably take a beating at least from fragmentation?

Chootum!

Ya iam sure the wood around the hole is probably going to get beat up. I was actually thinking of putting a piece of 8"x10" 3/8 lexan over the area and cutting out the hole in the lexan and just paint it the same color as the target. Should help them hold up a little better.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by blacktailbustr View Post
                Ya iam sure the wood around the hole is probably going to get beat up. I was actually thinking of putting a piece of 8"x10" 3/8 lexan over the area and cutting out the hole in the lexan and just paint it the same color as the target. Should help them hold up a little better.

How about if you were to line the hole with metal flashing and paint it?
                That would last a lot longer that the Levan and it would be a lot cheaper to replace.

Chootum!

Comment

Old bow shop I use to shoot at had a metal deer target with a whole cut out.You learned real quick to make a good shot or your arrow was toast. I would watch a lot of old timers in there waste a lot of arrows

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Pretty cool.

Comment

Did you use a projector to trace them? Look good

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                            How about if you were to line the hole with metal flashing and paint it?
                            That would last a lot longer that the Levan and it would be a lot cheaper to replace.

Chootum!

Thats a great idea! Thanks man! If anyone else has suggestions or advice feel free to tell me

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                              Old bow shop I use to shoot at had a metal deer target with a whole cut out.You learned real quick to make a good shot or your arrow was toast. I would watch a lot of old timers in there waste a lot of arrows

Haha thats hillarious. Ya i have done that a time or 2 myself

Comment

Working...
                              X