No announcement yet.

Catalytic Converter Theft - Bassmaster Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree and understand 100% all of what you said Glen. I was simply saying years ago LEO's in big cities didn't respond to calls quick or at all. But we're talking different types of crimes..

The whole system is jacked up from top to bottom now.

Comment

I hope
      the skid plate I just got deters them. $325 and pretty easy to install. I am thinking of tack welding the bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm wondering if the plate would not create a fire hazard with grass and what not getting on top of it by the converter. I'm a rancher and in tall grass all the time.
        Last edited by doghouse; 04-10-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          I'm wondering if the plate would not create a fire hazard with grass and what not getting on top of it by the converter. I'm a rancher and in tall grass all the time.
          It’s is pretty flush with the frame so I don’t think it will be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            It’s is pretty flush with the frame so I don’t think it will be a problem
            Good deal. Being a rancher a fire is always in the back of my mind. Hope it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              My thought too , looks like a good place to carry around a bunch of grass and mud. I burned up a nice F250 ranch truck so I am leery
              Scrape dealer needs some accountability In this
              If you gotta show I.D for a barrel of scrap copper include the converter as needs I.D and such
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-10-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                My thought too , looks like a good place to carry around a bunch of grass and mud. I burned up a nice F250 ranch truck so I am leery
                Scrape dealer needs some accountability In this
                If you gotta show I.D for a barrel of scrap copper include the converter as needs I.D and such
                We take in copper auto wireing. The set up an account and you have to provide a picture, drivers license, and finger print. They also have he trucks license plate. It got closed for 3 months and reopened with a new name.......................

Comment

Just an update, They did link the car to a Houston owner, didn't say if it was stolen. They speculate that this group is the same one that hit the Beaumont/Nederland area about a week ago.

Reports are there was an LEO in the parking lot 2 minutes prior to the car coming in, probably watching from a distance and had their pattern down. The city PD was providing drive throughs of the parking lots of the host hotels but no overnight onsite security. I blame the hotels myself. When something of this caliber comes to town, you add overnight security for your guests. I know the hotel receives HOT and EDC funds each year for infrastructure and advertising.

Just sad to say the least.

Did anyone catch Gerald Swindle's rant about IH10 between Vinton and Orange? It was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Just an update, They did link the car to a Houston owner, didn't say if it was stolen. They speculate that this group is the same one that hit the Beaumont/Nederland area about a week ago.

Reports are there was an LEO in the parking lot 2 minutes prior to the car coming in, probably watching from a distance and had their pattern down. The city PD was providing drive throughs of the parking lots of the host hotels but no overnight onsite security. I blame the hotels myself. When something of this caliber comes to town, you add overnight security for your guests. I know the hotel receives HOT and EDC funds each year for infrastructure and advertising.

Did anyone catch Gerald Swindle's rant about IH10 between Vinton and Orange? It was awesome.
                    I disagree I blame the scum bags that stole the converters. It is not the hotel's responsibility to make the parking area secure. It is an added amenity. The security they would have hired would likely have pepper spray. Pepper spray against 5-10 guys/gals with intent to steal would not hold out very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Searched but not finding it, post a link.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Negative RR- Response was always fast to persons crimes in progress. Actually less than 3 minutes. Not so much anymore. Property crimes in progress can take longer depending on if there are “hot shot” type calls in progress (persons violent crimes). Guys didnt choose to be a cop if they didnt want to play “cops vs robbers”. I did it for years because i had addiction to the “rush”. No alcohol or drug I know of gives the feeling of a hot call. It is not “fun” to run toward gunfire but it does release chemicals some guys/gals are addicted to. Is it fun to push a car- chase someone through unknown places- enter a house or building behind someone with violent intentions, etc but that is why some signed up to do the job.

With all that said those guys are now handcuffed and not doing it. It is not something a person that made their living from a keyboard would understand. Built out of different blocks.

It had nothing to do with the courts, saving cats from trees, helping someone cross the road - which you gotta do- Did it for the high adrenaline dumps- those that do it for a living and others consider them a “chit magnet” know exactly what I’m talking about
                        OK

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          [/B]

Searched but not finding it, post a link.

Rwc
                          They don't have it on their page any longer on the web but if you have FaceBook, you can look up KOGT Radio (Orange, Texas) and go down to the Swindle weigh in video. That's the only place I can find it.

Comment

When I moved to Dallas in 2011, first week at my new job and had my catalytic converter stolen from the office parking lot (billionaire owned the company and had cameras on the lot, but they avoided them perfectly).

Cops told me there is a pretty sophisticated ring that moves around the country. They hit parts of cities hard for a few days then move to another city. Circle the country continuously. Not sure if that's true, but it sounded believable.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                              OK
                              Hes not completely wrong.

Why do you think so many veterans are in LE?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                                Dang that sucks! I ordered the shield for my tundra today.

Who makes this “shield”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X