No announcement yet.

PSA Jumped way up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will keep you in my prayers. Stay positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
      I’m frightened. I’m retiring from the Fort Worth Fire Department in four weeks. I still have a 13 year old son at home. I’m looking forward to some great times and now this is on my mind...

I found this book to be the most positive. PM me your address and I'll be happy to send you my copy. The other lesson I learned is to be cautious with the internet "support" groups. Those things put me in a downward spiral for days. I still find the green screen the most positive, even on this subject. Don't hesitate to reach out to the guys on here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
        I found this book to be the most positive. PM me your address and I'll be happy to send you my copy. The other lesson I learned is to be cautious with the internet "support" groups. Those things put me in a downward spiral for days. I still find the green screen the most positive, even on this subject. Don't hesitate to reach out to the guys on here.

https://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Beat-.../dp/061514022X

I’ll buy me a copy from Amazon. Thank you for the information

Comment

Mine jumped about the same while on TRT after being on it for about 1 year. I got off TRT for 4 months and it dropped, labs all checked out. Got back on TRT a couple months ago and will see if it rises again and requires a biopsy

Comment

One thing I will add regarding all the internet and comparison stories. A simple statement is "Your cancer is not my cancer", if that makes sense. There are so many variables in the patients and cases. Some things are similar and others are far apart. I learned this when my wife had cancer, you can get down a rabbit hole and be off on a tangent that is not even relatable. Main point is stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
              one thing i will add regarding all the internet and comparison stories. A simple statement is "your cancer is not my cancer", if that makes sense. There are so many variables in the patients and cases. Some things are similar and others are far apart. I learned this when my wife had cancer, you can get down a rabbit hole and be off on a tangent that is not even relatable. Main point is stay positive.
              spot on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                One thing I will add regarding all the internet and comparison stories. A simple statement is "Your cancer is not my cancer", if that makes sense. There are so many variables in the patients and cases. Some things are similar and others are far apart. I learned this when my wife had cancer, you can get down a rabbit hole and be off on a tangent that is not even relatable. Main point is stay positive.

Good point, thank you

Comment

I had this happen to two friends. One was over self medicating on testosterone boosters. The other had gone to a Dr and was having testosterone therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                    Doc said it is counter-intuitive because we kill the testosterone for cancer treatments. Both cancer docs told me testosterone treatments can be considered after two years from treatment and no cancer signs. With this disease every case is different and all the treatment options confound things further.

It also makes no sense that if testosterone feeds the cancer then why doesn't it occur in our youth when testosterone is highest instead of older when it is at its lowest. On this subject, I'm going with the doctors who I'm paying the big bucks to for their knowledge so, no testosterone it is. I'm sure you are doing the same. I'll also continue to read the internet stories just in case....
                    I assume it is because the youngsters DON'T have prostate cancer. Testosterone does not cause the cancer, but it feeds the cancer once you have it...at lesat as I understand it.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Yes! I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      I assume it is because the youngsters DON'T have prostate cancer. Testosterone does not cause the cancer, but it feeds the cancer once you have it...at lesat as I understand it.
                      I think that is the best explanation and fits my understanding too. There's probably also the correlation between older (? ) guys getting testosterone treatments and the age when prostate cancer begins to show up. Generally, guys under say 45 have neither. I've mentioned elsewhere that I discussed the testosterone treatment connection with my general practioner, urololgist, and oncology doctors at MD Anderson and Loma Linda and each said the treatments do not cause the cancer but the cancer will feed on testosterone. Mike said it best: "My cancer is not your cancer" - the right answer for one does not mean it's right for someone else. Stay positive, support each other, and continue prayers.

Comment

Prayers up. No mater what happens go in with a I'm gonna kick cancer azz mindset. Never give up! Prostate cancer runs in my family. I have to be vigilant on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Prayers up. No mater what happens go in with a I'm gonna kick cancer azz mindset. Never give up! Prostate cancer runs in my family. I have to be vigilant on it too.

I’m doing much better today. I had a pity party yesterday but I’m over it. I see my urologist at UT Southwestern tomorrow. If it is cancer it should be covered under the presumptive cancer law(26 year with Fort Worth FD. I may have too push back my retirement a couple months... Thanks for y’all’s encouragement.

Comment

I’m doing much better today. I had a pity party yesterday but I’m over it. I see my urologist at UT Southwestern tomorrow. If it is cancer it should be covered under the presumptive cancer law(26 year with Fort Worth FD. I may have too push back my retirement a couple months... Thanks for y’all’s encouragement.

Thank You for your service to the community too!

Comment

Biopsy came back benign!

Comment

Biopsy came back benign!

Great news!

Comment

Working...
                                X