• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Gutierrez View Post
    Wood Defender is pro level.
    This is what we use on or deck at the ranch as well as trailer floors

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      I’m looking for the best deck stain money can buy! Highest durability, longest life span.

Any opinions from personal experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      instead of buying lumber and stain, buy plastic or composite lumber.
      A friend of mine's porch Looks just like stained wood and 24 years strong.

Unfortunately, he can't remember what brand and where he bought his....

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post

instead of buying lumber and stain, buy plastic or composite lumber.

A friend of mine's porch Looks just like stained wood and 24 years strong.

Unfortunately, he can't remember what brand and where he bought his....

Trex is double the price if treated lumber. It will cost me $150 for enough stain to last 10yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Plastic/Composite is 2.5 - 3x the price. If you include the added 12 OC you need to run joists plus the extra $$ for the deck material. I can pay someone to power wash and stain for a bunch of years for that costs.

Plus, that stuff gets hot in the Texas sun. I have burned my feet before.
          Last edited by JayB; 03-18-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
            Trex lol
            Yup.

Comment

I'd advise you to take the least resistance path and take Tikkurila stain, for example. It is inexpensive, and it has a very long service life. First, you must, of course, try it in a small area, on one plank. You can then smear it on the entire soundboard if everything is all right. True, this stain has one drawback. It has an odor, but after it dries, it evaporates. But keep in mind that the deck should be taken care of periodically, and one stain won't be enough. This resource has some good tips on how to take care of your deck https://www.ftcc.com.au/blog/how-long-does-decking-last.

Comment

Working...
              X