No announcement yet.

New to me gun cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about that scattergun with the compensator on it. I have a Belgian made A5 with a lyman cutts comp like that. Wish I had more spreaders (chokes) for it!!

Comment

No offense, but looks like a burglars dream. It's pretty though.

Comment

Nice job! I’m jealous

Comment

Real nice

Comment

Originally posted by nandosubia View Post
            Tell me about that scattergun with the compensator on it. I have a Belgian made A5 with a lyman cutts comp like that. Wish I had more spreaders (chokes) for it!!
            It's a old Stevens 620a in 16 ga., with a Lyman Cutts Compensator on it. It has the full choke on it. I have found some modified chokes, if I remember correctly. Turns out they only made three chokes for that Cutts Compensator that I can find. The most common is the full choke, then I think the other fixed choke is modified, but not sure on that. Then there was an adjustable choke. I have found all three, actually they made the two fixed chokes in both steel and aluminum.

I at one time had found the other fixed choke and a brand new in the box adjustable choke. I planned on buying both. Then the other steel fixed choke, that I found, steel sold. All of the other fixed chokes I could find at the time were aluminum. I should have bought the adjustable choke and then waited till the next time I found the other steel fixed choke.

So yes, you are correct, it is a Lyman Cutts Compensator choke.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              No offense, but looks like a burglars dream. It's pretty though.
              Yea, I know, but that's why we have two four legged furry security systems.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                Yea, I know, but that's why we have two four legged furry security systems.
                It would be pretty easy to put an eye bolt into a stud and run a vinyl coated cable through all the trigger guards with a padlock on it. Wouldn’t slow them down much if they have snips but I’d imagine most smash and grab types just carry a small crowbar.

Comment

Really nice cabinet. Glad to see something this nice repurposed. I can only imagine how heavy that is.

Comment

Awesome indeed!
                    Very cool idea on the conversion. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Well since I can't load any 10 mm ammo or 445 Super Mag, no primers or power for one, then no bullets for the other, and I would prefer to have the correct dies. I decided to finish up the gun cabinet. Yesterday, I stared at it for quite a while trying to figure out how to finish it with the wood I have left. I came up with some ideas, then as I got started today, I changed my mind and went a simpler route. I like the way it came out.

I had a more complex arrow rack planned, but then decided, to just drill holes and cut slots for the fletching in the upper board, for one of the gun racks. Seems to have worked pretty well. Once I got into cutting the three slots for the fletching, I realized, I was not going to be able to cut the slots for the fletching on the far rear hole and the front hole. Because I could not get the jig saw that close to the ends, it was too bulky. So I just left those as they were and used those to put my one piece cleaning rods in.

Then I had a idea for a much more involved, complex bow rack up in the top of the gun cabinet. Then decided to just cut two pieces of wood and screw them in place 25" apart, 48" from the floor. Being that high up, the bow should be clear of even a 30" long barreled rifle and the bow is pretty easy to put up on the rack and get down. I spent probably four or five hours thinking about it, then about 30 minutes building the gun rack.

I have since the last post, decided that putting a loaded magazine for each rifle that uses a magazine on the upper gun rack board, and then put some of each gauge shotgun shells on the other upper gun rack board, would be a good idea, for those occasions, I need ammo quickly

So after I made the bow rack, I decided to go get my router, then cut some 3/8" deep holes for 20 ga. 16 ga. and 12 ga. shotgun shells. Then I routered some holes for magazines for my guns that use magazines. So I have ammo for everything easily available.

I also drilled some holes at the top of the right end of the cabinet and screwed some sling swivel studs into the top of the cabinet, to hang slings from. Then for the Magpul style sling swivels, I just drilled 3/8" diameter holes in the top of the cabinet, and pushed a sling swivel up in the hole. Seems to work pretty good. Then I also screwed a hook in the top rear for my tactical holster.

At this point, I am going to call it done for now. I may do a few other things to it later on, as I come up with new ideas. I have gotten done, everything I planned on doing, at this point.
                        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-06-2021, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Really great idea to repurpose that entertainment center! You are giving me ideas.

Comment

Working...
                          X