Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cheap" Chainsaws

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    How long does a battery last for you? I've been wanting to get a battery powered pole saw for some brush clearing down senderos. Use would be way too infrequent to want to mess with a gas motor
    I own chainsaws and I won’t clear another sendero or road with one after using this thing. .. unless its big wood.

Mine (3.0 amp) lasted me about 4 hours walking down a road but that also includes moving branches out of the road and driving to the next bad spot if too far to walk too. Just enough for me to be done for the morning in the summer![emoji16]. I charged it and did other things then took it up again later in the afternoon. I bought a second battery for that big job mentioned above because I wanted to make sure I had enough to get it done since I live 5 hours away.

The big branches take more juice of course, but it mows through it all. I was quite impressed. We were cutting cedar, oak and mesquite.
    Last edited by Smart; 02-04-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

"Cheap" Chainsaws

Here’s the saw length without the extension. It’s pretty dang handy in the cedars, oaks and mesquites. No bending over sticking my head in a tree full of snakes, or putting a chainsaw over my head. Let the pole and the saw do all the work. I use it this way probably 95% of the time and add in the extension for the tall stuff if needed. You don’t want to do all the clearing work on a road with 8+ foot of tool though. That can get cumbersome. Weight wise, it’s all very light.
      Last edited by Smart; 02-04-2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
        I have a small echo cs-310 with a 14 inch bar that is a workhorse. Light enough to work the whole day and not get exhausted.
        Same here

Comment

Cheap saw

El cheapo
          Attached Files

Comment

I’ve got the MS170 and a sharp blade goes through like butter. I wouldn’t pass it up and I have no issue starting it after it has sat for 6-8 months. Speaking of, I’m going to crank it up today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you dont have a pole saw now is a good excuse to go buy one

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                I’ve got the MS170 and a sharp blade goes through like butter. I wouldn’t pass it up and I have no issue starting it after it has sat for 6-8 months. Speaking of, I’m going to crank it up today
                I have the ms170 too. It's been a good little chainsaw for the last few years and I find myself using it more often than my larger 271.

Comment

Get the Stihl rechargeable and don't look back. With two batteries, you can cut all day if that's your need.

Comment

I have a Craftsman Bat powered saw that I picked up last year. I am happy as can be with it. It came with 2, 4 amp batteries and charger for under $200. Big stuff will eat the batteries up pretty quick but i am getting older, So I get to take a Nap while they are charging.

Comment

That stihl 170 is a wonderful little saw and well worth the $ 200

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
                        I have a small echo cs-310 with a 14 inch bar that is a workhorse. Light enough to work the whole day and not get exhausted.
                        x2

Comment

Chainsaw brand discussions are like Chevy, Ford or Ram? It comes down to a personal taste. You re happy with the Stihl so why change? I have the MS-291 for big jobs and the MS-193 for small. I love them both. I probably use the smaller one 70% of the time. But as Smart mentions, if you are doing tree trimming, it's hard to beat a battery powered pole trimmer. I have the Ryobi for that and love it. And I don't remember what I paid for any of them. Buy once, cry once.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Here’s the saw length without the extension. It’s pretty dang handy in the cedars, oaks and mesquites. No bending over sticking my head in a tree full of snakes, or putting a chainsaw over my head. Let the pole and the saw do all the work. I use it this way probably 95% of the time and add in the extension for the tall stuff if needed. You don’t want to do all the clearing work on a road with 8+ foot of tool though. That can get cumbersome. Weight wise, it’s all very light.

Exactly what I have, battery outlasts me. Put battery on charger, take break and drink beer. Love not listening to an engine

Comment

I have an 18" craftsman that I found on the side of a dirt road in west texas when I was in high school. Someone dumped a load of brush and pushed the saw with it. I havent ever needed another one she runs like a dream and has built in shock absorption so you dont feel the vibration in your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                                Exactly what I have, battery outlasts me. Put battery on charger, take break and drink beer. Love not listening to an engine

Yup that too...and no winterizing.

Comment

Working...
                                X