No announcement yet.

Alamo Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t agree with price gouging in the least bit.

However, I don’t think the intentions are to triple up on their money. (Although it could be) I believe the motive is to put the hoarders at bay. Higher prices means less people buying that don’t need it. In return, ammo will start showing back up on the shelf sooner than if it were marked at regular prices and never staying on the shelf. It’s buying time for manufacturers to catch back up with demand.

Some of you are griping about this but if gas was over $3/gal, you’d be singing hallelujah for the crude market. It’s the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
      Disclaimer: This is a rant and maybe it’s been discussed already so sorry if I’m beating a dead horse.

However...

Most of us have heard about Cheaper Than Dirt being fined for price gouging, which is great, but what the hell is up with Alamo Ammo?! When are they gonna get theirs and be forced to face the music??? As if the ammo shortage isn’t enough... but a 300-400% markup on top of it... come on dude, that ain’t right.

I get it - supply/demand - everyone is trying to make a buck, but at what point do we start reporting them to the AG?
      While CTD did get fined $400k+ by Texas, it won't stand up in court, and it shouldn't. Ammo is not an essential item that is protected under law like food, gas, meds, water, etc. Pure supply and demand here. Now, you are paying for the convenience for not being prepared in the first place. BTW, you should want less government in your lives, not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        I don’t agree with price gouging in the least bit.

However, I don’t think the intentions are to triple up on their money. (Although it could be) I believe the motive is to put the hoarders at bay. Higher prices means less people buying that don’t need it. In return, ammo will start showing back up on the shelf sooner than if it were marked at regular prices and never staying on the shelf. It’s buying time for manufacturers to catch back up with demand.

Some of you are griping about this but if gas was over $3/gal, you’d be singing hallelujah for the crude market. It’s the same thing.
        Good point, hopefully that’s the case.

Comment

What is the time frame to not be considered a reseller? I sold some ammo recently that was purchased in the 90's for about 8 times what it sold for new. I purchased ammo by the dolly load about 8-9 years ago. If I decide to sell some it will be for the most I think I can get for it. Not what I paid back then. I don't buy during the shortages and panics. That's when you sell. I'm like bluebell, I shoot all I can and sell the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
            Good point, hopefully that’s the case.
            I roll my own for everything I shoot, so I have no skin in the game.

For what some people are buying ammo for, they could just put it in an envelope and buy everything they need for hand loading when it becomes available and then they’d never be in this situation again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              I roll my own for everything I shoot, so I have no skin in the game.

For what some people are buying ammo for, they could just put it in an envelope and buy everything they need for hand loading when it becomes available and then they’d never be in this situation again.
              My FIL has the full set up and I can start reloading my own whenever I want, just need someone to show me the ropes before I get started so I don’t blow myself up

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                I hope everyone that is buying and reselling at 3-4 times retail price chokes to death on it.

The guys showing up every morning to wait in line to buy all the ammo on the shelves is certainly one of the problems and keeps the normal user who needs a box of ammo to take his kids hunting cannot acquire said ammo at even a reasonable price.
                agreed

Comment

I just bought a .308. Went to 7 different stores for ammo. Shelves are absolutely bare. Ended up driving to Ohio and found a few boxes. $25 a box.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                    We don't need to "report" anything. Less big brother is good. Just don't buy it.
                    Best response. The only time I think big brother may need to be involved is with price gouging the cost of necessities like food and water.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      He's lying, it's impossible to get all the ammo you need .
                      I'm not sure where you live, but up here in our neck of the woods, pawn shops have it, hardware stores(hooked multiple TBHrs up with em), gas stations, craigslist(over 5k rounds of 9mm scored for last yrs prices), etc.., it's out there if you're looking.
                      Texas Gun Trader is great as well.
                      Looking for something in particular?
                      I wish my area was like that...I can't find 7mm-08 or .270 anywhere at all. No small gun shops have any, no hardware stores, and certainly no gas stations and we have 1 pawn shop that has always been overpriced on everything they have, but they haven't had any either the few times I've stopped. So I keep swinging by every Walmart, Academy, etc that I pass in my travels and hoping they'll have something I need. So far in about 50 trips I have found 1 box of 7mm, 10 boxes of 20 gauge rifled slugs, and 2 boxes of 30-06. I tell you, I am killing it on my average per stop

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        Best response. The only time I think big brother may need to be involved is with price gouging the cost of necessities like food and water.
                        I bet there are a lot of folk have more ammo at home than they do food & water

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          While CTD did get fined $400k+ by Texas, it won't stand up in court, and it shouldn't. Ammo is not an essential item that is protected under law like food, gas, meds, water, etc.
                          Except that in Texas ammo is labeled as essential per the mandate and disaster declaration.

My take is this, the guys that are overcharging is just plain greed. It's been proven that ammo prices have not increased from the manufacturers but retail prices are through the roof. If Academy can sell 9mm hollow points for $15.99/box, why are some retailers selling it for $40 per box? Greed.

Shop Academy, you can't buy in bulk but you get fair prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Except that in Texas ammo is labeled as essential per the mandate and disaster declaration.

My take is this, the guys that are overcharging is just plain greed. It's been proven that ammo prices have not increased from the manufacturers but retail prices are through the roof. If Academy can sell 9mm hollow points for $15.99/box, why are some retailers selling it for $40 per box? Greed.

Shop Academy, you can't buy in bulk but you get fair prices.
                            Academy sells SD cards marketed for trail cams 32 gigs for $35. That same type and size SD card is sub $8 at walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              While CTD did get fined $400k+ by Texas, it won't stand up in court, and it shouldn't. Ammo is not an essential item that is protected under law like food, gas, meds, water, etc. Pure supply and demand here. Now, you are paying for the convenience for not being prepared in the first place. BTW, you should want less government in your lives, not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                                What kind of .410 shells? Wal-Mart in Round Rock off 79-Redbud had quite a bit.
                                Thank you Edward for the heads up. I’ll swing by there and check to see what all they have.

Comment

Working...
                                X