Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Pepper Crusted Backstrap!

Better than any steakhouse in town!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This^^

Comment

Add my groovy gravy to this, and you will slap yo momma!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A059A55-1D51-4EE3-BDE6-28319F2E140E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	24633254

Name:	DF147EDB-C3C2-4835-80EB-B80A85C77172.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24633255

Name:	ED1AD5E3-7306-45C3-B931-79CA62206CFC.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	24633256

Backstraps baby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
          This^^
          This is how I do mine too!
          I use Killens S&P and coffee rub.
          I blast it hot and fast on all sides in a cast iron skillet with butter and garlic and a little bit of canola oil to wet the pan. Comes out with a nice dark crust. Better than a beef filet!

Comment

Bisch

That looks fit to be eaten!

Comment

Originally posted by PineClimbr View Post
              I blast it hot and fast on all sides in a cast iron skillet with butter and garlic and a little bit of canola oil to wet the pan. Comes out with a nice dark crust. Better than a beef filet!
              X2 on the cast iron

Comment

Originally posted by PineClimbr View Post

Bisch

Comment

I guess I need to quit punching holes in the heart...

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    What I miss a lot is chicken fried venison. I could eat that stuff for many days straight. For some reason, my wife does not fry food, does not matter what it is she does not fry food, but she will order and eat fried food, just never fries anything. I have not had fried venison in a long time. My wife fixes it all types of other ways, but not fried yet. I got to work on getting her to fry some up.

Mine too. She’s just healthy, which I appreciate but my favorite was always chicken fried with gravy and mashed potatoes and biscuits. Rarely get to eat it anymore unless I fix it when she’s out of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Cut into smalll chicken nugget size pieces.

2. Soak in your favorite hot sauce.

3. Season flour and coat pieces.

4. Fry and enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Roasts – I like to use my favorite spicy rib rub the day before on a 1 or 2 lb venison roast, refrigerate overnight and smoke low and slow until the meat temp is 145 degrees. Slice thin across the grain after resting for at least 10 min.

Backstrap steaks: Salt, pepper, grill to preferred doneness. I cut roughly 8 oz steaks or sometimes whole backstraps. If you prefer medallions, I would recommend cooking whole steaks or backstraps first, then slice when ready to serve (helps avoid overcooking)

Burger patties: My method is to grind 7 lbs venison and 3 lbs bacon, then mix with chopped jalapenos and small cubed high temp cheddar cheese. I’m a little OCD so I measure out 5 oz of the mix and use a burger press before freezing. Family absolutely loves these.

Venison kabobs: Another family favorite. Use stew meat size chunks or cut a roast up into chunks. Put on skewers with favorite veggies like bell peppers, jalapenos, red onion, etc add salt and pepper to taste, cook to preferred doneness. Bigger cuts of venison allow the veggies to cook longer without overcooking the venison.

Summer sausage: I’ve had great luck with summer sausage kits. My favorite is venison, jalapeno and high temp cheddar cheese. Much easier to do than I expected. You just need a grinder and a smoker, although a sausage press really helps.

I also made spicy ground venison empanadas once. Turned out pretty good for first attempt but think they would have been better if I had used proper empanada dough instead of biscuit/croissant dough. I plan to try this again until I get it right.

Comment

Venison Bourguignon, I used neck meat in place of beef on this recipe.
                          Boeuf bourguignon may be made 1 day ahead. Cool, uncovered, then chill, covered (it tastes even better made ahead because it gives the flavors time to develop). If making ahead, it's easier to remove fat from surface after chilling.

Spent a good 15 minutes with a paring knife on that neck. I can't speak for comercial processors but the one I talked to said he wasn't going use it for meat when I chose a European mount instead of a shoulder.
                          Last edited by LOC4L; 10-09-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
                            Venison Bourguignon, I used neck meat in place of beef on this recipe.
                            Boeuf bourguignon may be made 1 day ahead. Cool, uncovered, then chill, covered (it tastes even better made ahead because it gives the flavors time to develop). If making ahead, it's easier to remove fat from surface after chilling.

Spent a good 15 minutes with a paring knife on that neck. I can't speak for comercial processors but the one I talked to said he wasn't going use it for meat when I chose a European mount instead of a shoulder.
                            Might have to try this one aswell.

Comment

Backstrap or tenders with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy.

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X