Disappearing Ground blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    yeah, but we never did get an update on how they did in them.
    He built more a couple years after this thread, so I can only assume they worked out superbly...I know this, they would suck in most areas I hunt I’d be doing what you talked about and bailing water out every weekend

Comment

I bit the bullet and made one this year. It’s a learning curve to build and knowledge of hardiplank and fiberglass is a plus but I’m very happy with the results so far. I plan on making two more, another bow blind and a rifle blind as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very Nice looking blinds !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
          They're water tight and a snakes cannot get in these. Bodey built a great blind and put in good windows.
          There’s a floor in them ? ( edit: obviously I didn’t read all the posts, I still don’t get how they can be water tight [ snake ) with a dirt floor. )
          Last edited by critter69; 09-11-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            There’s a floor in them ? ( edit: obviously I didn’t read all the posts, I still don’t get how they can be water tight [ snake ) with a dirt floor. )

Unless the snake burrows 20” under the wall then up they’re plenty sealed up. Once I bury mine I plan to pack the dirt tight around the outside and any rocks I find while digging will go along the perimeter

Comment

That's awesome. Did I miss you saying... where's the door?

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
                That's awesome. Did I miss you saying... where's the door?

It’s cut out of one of the panels. The original had one door panel, two solid wall panels and three window panels.

Comment

I imaging you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Comment

If it doesn't have a floor, it ain't snake proof

Really it isn't MOUSE proof they will burrow.. especially pear rats. Then the snake follows

That said... Whoever said throw in the ready mix may be onto something

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                      If it doesn't have a floor, it ain't snake proof

Really it isn't MOUSE proof they will burrow.. especially pear rats. Then the snake follows

That said... Whoever said throw in the ready mix may be onto something

After building three of them if I ever leave this lease I’ll probably just take the windows and not the whole blind.

If it wouldn’t put deer on edge I’d toss dryer sheets in the blind before season, the smell repels critters. Or just do like I do in my pop ups and double check the corners before hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Anyone have a good print or way too make a small door with this hardibacker that has a lip on the inside? Biggest hurtle I’ve had is getting a decent door built. I got some made but I’m just not happy with them.

Comment

these are nice setups, I could use a few of these

Comment

Very cool! Those will be around awhile....👍 I do the same thing, more or less, with pop ups. As a result I can appreciate what you're doing 100%.

Comment

I like it, looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X