Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope this idiot goes down hard! Zero excuse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this idiot goes down hard! Zero excuse.

A seven-day trial is set to begin Oct. 24 in Dove Creek for Ronald J. Morosko, a Pennsylvania muzzleloading hunter accused of fatally shooting Texas bowhunter Gregory Gabrisch during Colorado’s 2021 h...

I don't see how you could ever accidently shoot someone on a hunt, unless you fall down/slip and pull the trigger. But even then, the gun should be on safety.

Crazy world

Comment

Why I'll never bowhunt public while there is a gun season. The average public hunter is an idiot let's be honest.

Comment

Dang. Seems like all of us learned the basics about knowing your target before pulling the trigger. Admitting that you saw a white thing move behind a tree so you shot it is a pretty awful excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
          I don't see how you could ever accidently shoot someone on a hunt, unless you fall down/slip and pull the trigger. But even then, the gun should be on safety.

Crazy world
          Or if someone is getting mauled by leopard, lion, buffalo etc.

Comment

Friend of mine was walking out of the swamp (no light) but banging his climber stand and a guy shot him in the eye with a 6 blade wasp broadhead. Went to the hospital with the arrow sticking out of his skull.

Comment

Scary as heck.
              Identify your target; one of the 10 commandments of gun safety.

I see no excuse for that to happen. He should see jail time but won't fix what he did.

Once you send it you can never bring it back!

Comment

That is exactly where we hunt. Camp about 300 yards from the Kilpacker trail head. Last time I bow hunted elk there I had a person with a muzzle loader come from above me. He never saw me because I was camo with no hunter orange on. He got within 30 yards of me and never saw me. Had his gun like he was ready to shoot anything that moved. It made me nervous, so I finally whistled to let him know where I was then he gave me the nasty eye. He was making enough noise that he would have never seen anything.

Comment

Way too many dumb***’s out there to be hunting public land without wearing hunter orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The guy will get off when the shooting is ruled accidental. The regs don't say anything about identifying your target before shooting. Common sense to most hunters, but not to all. The bowhunter is the idiot here, hunting in a unit while gun season is in progress.

Comment

I wonder how many sick people do it on purpose and try claiming it was a accident? I'm sure accidents happen, but the old "I saw something move so I shot" is a weak excuse for even for the biggest of idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I wonder how many sick people do it on purpose and try claiming it was a accident? I'm sure accidents happen, but the old "I saw something move so I shot" is a weak excuse for even for the biggest of idiots.
                        So you think some of these people make the conscience decision to murder someone because they have the opportunity to cover it up as a mistake? I think it much more likely people are grossly incompetent than to think the woods are full of homicidal maniacs.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          So you think some of these people make the conscience decision to murder someone because they have the opportunity to cover it up as a mistake? I think it much more likely people are grossly incompetent than to think the woods are full of homicidal maniacs.
                          Agreed!

Comment

Archery and firearm seasons shouldn't overlap on public ground, imo.

Comment

This brings up some dumb stuff I have pointed out in the past. In this case they had overlapping muzzle loader and archery seasons. The bow hunter was not wearing orange, because they are not required to. The muzzle loader hunter was, because they are required to. This is not the first time a bow hunter has been shot with a rifle or muzzle loader, where the bow hunter was not wearing orange, but the gun hunters were, and the seasons overlapped. This is just flat stupid on the state's part.

Again stupid state rules. I saw another post someone posted up on some group, don't remember what group, but there was one hunter in the group, the rest were guides. Only the hunter was required to wear orange, only the hunter was wearing orange in a picture taken. I have also see other situations where since it is public land, there are people on the piece of land, for reasons other than hunting, while hunting is taking place. Those people don't wear orange, and are not required to, but they are allowed to be there. Sometimes and on some pieces of public lands they will inform other users the area is closed, with either a small sign or a posting on their web site, but don't put any effort into keeping non hunters out of areas where people are hunting. I have run into mountain bikers and people riding horses while hunting. I have seen many videos posted by bird watchers and nature lovers out on public lands, that I know were filmed while hunts were going on. Often I can figure that out, by the poster of the video pointing out that the park was letting those evil hunters hunt the area, the nature lover or bird watcher was out in, filming. Other times, they posted dates and location they were filming, I knew there were hunts going on in that location on that day.

Allowing non hunters into areas where hunting is going on, is bad in multiple ways, the non hunters may be very anti hunting and may try to disrupt someone's hunt, and or may be completely clueless to people out in the area shooting, could wind up down range or in between a hunter and a game animal, or get mistaken as a game animal by someone like the muzzle loader hunter, in the article. The agencies who control these public lands should put more effort into keeping non hunters out of areas, where hunting is going on.

When I went to Laguna Atascosa last year, there was a bike rider, rolling through the hunt area, definitely not a hunter, he was wearing spandex. I have been to Amistad hunting and had mountain bikers riding all over the place, while I and others were hunting. I was up in the pan handle and had two guys on horses riding up and down every hill and canyon. Turns out they were from a ranch next door, I am still sure they were trying to drive the deer off of the federal land, onto the ranch next door. I have seen bird watchers numerous times while out hunting public land. These are all people who most hunters are not going to expect them to be where they wind up, and they don't ever wear hunter orange. At the same time, these people are often clueless to the fact there are hunters in the area, but some likely know and are there for the purpose of messing up the hunting. I am surprised more of these non hunters don't wind up getting shot, as many hunters that wind up shot each year.

I really think it is very dumb on the various states that have bow seasons that overlap a firearms season. If they are going to do so, they should make bow hunters wear orange also, during those overlapping days.

It is stupid of the muzzle loader hunter to shoot at something he could not clearly see, it sounds like he was shooting through some trees. Even if it had been a elk he was shooting at, he would not have know if it was a large bull or spike, or a cow, unless the hunter was blowing a bull bugle and the muzzle loader hunter was shooting at movement where he heard the bugles coming from. Which is what sounds like happened here. If the muzzle loader hunter was using open sights, and shooting at movement through some trees, it probably would not have been that helpful for the bow hunter to be wearing orange, but it might have done some good. He definitely should not have taken the shot, and the state should have done something years ago, about the overlapping seasons, either make everyone wear orange or don't overlap the seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X