Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why they can't keep it like Texas and Tech?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      I wonder why they can't keep it like Texas and Tech?

Lol i'll be shocked if that sticks. DelConte been known to backpedal before.

I just hate the networks and money have a bigger hand than the actual rivalries and games that made the game so great do. I mean what if Army/Navy stopped or any of the 100 other annual state or boarder games. That's what makes college football IMO.
      Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-20-2022, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I've heard the Tech deal may already be dead in the water.

If the SEC goes to 9 conference games, why would they lock Tech in every year with only 2 remaining OOC. It's unlikely. If they stick with 8, it may stay in place.
        Last edited by Chad C; 09-20-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          I've heard the Tech deal may already be dead in the water.

If the SEC goes to 9 conference games, why would they lock Tech in every year with only 2 remaining OOC. It's unlikely. If they stick with 8, it may stay in place.
          Yeah they did say something about that on the Horn yesterday. Possibly the last time Texas plays in Lubbock for awhile.

Comment

This is essentially the last road trip to Lubbock and Tech will treat it as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
              Lol i'll be shocked if that sticks. DelConte been known to backpedal before.

I just hate the networks and money have a bigger hand than the actual rivalries and games that made the game so great do. I mean what if Army/Navy stopped or any of the 100 other annual state or boarder games. That's what makes college football IMO.
              We can't stop the change. 12 team playoff coming soon which makes the regular season less important.

In this conference realignment Texas trades Tech for Aggy and Arky. Two bigger rivals.

Comment

Man I hate seeing this. 100 year old rivalries just squashed bc of money. Game like this are what makes college football great.
                OU leads the series 90-19-7. Is that a rivalry?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  OU leads the series 90-19-7. Is that a rivalry?
                  fair statement

Comment

If the rivalry was that important to both schools, then they would continue to play it.

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

Man I hate seeing this. 100 year old rivalries just squashed bc of money. Game like this are what makes college football great.
                        Even though my team usually comes out on the losing end, I'm really gonna miss Bedlam. I have as many Sooner friends/family as I do Cowboy fans - it's always always a great spectacle and a lot of fun. Here's what Gundy had to say about it when asked a couple months ago:

“This is a big business now,” Gundy added. “The traditions that we all embrace and value so much, they’re gone. The people in charge that are paying the bills are more interested in long-term financial security than they are in traditions.”

Comment

perfect example of how politics in CFB is stupid, and common sense should prevail. Coaches, players, and fans want the rivalry games to continue. The only morons against it are the AD's.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Herman cometh.

I don't care for the man, but I don't think we will do any better than him

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              perfect example of how politics in CFB is stupid, and common sense should prevail. Coaches, players, and fans want the rivalry games to continue. The only morons against it are the AD's.
                              Realignment decisions happen way higher up the chain than the AD's office and are most likely to be made by someone who don't give a **** about football traditions. Best case scenario, the school presidents care about wins and losses, but most likely they just care about them in relation to how much money they produce.

Most schools really need the money. One of the things they really need the money for is coaches salaries. If the coaches really cared about the traditions, then they'd be offering up a discount on the contract. That ain't happened yet.

College coaches only give a **** about winning ball games and playing for championships. When they say tradition, that is what they mean.
                              Last edited by El General; 09-20-2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                I don't care for the man, but I don't think we will do any better than him
                                If he learned some lessons from his experience at Texas, he could turn into a solid football coach. He got a whole lot of things right at Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X