Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home window replacement...

Does anyone have recommendations?

Looking for a replacement for some builders grade windows but got to keep it reasonably priced as in no high end windows.
    Any recommendations from first hand knowledgeyexperience is appreciated.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

No recommendations but according to my friends that are in that industry the lead time for materials is MONTHS. And that is for NT Windows based in DFW. My friend that runs a construction/roofing co ended up buying a glass factory in Ruidoso just so he could make replacement panes for storm restoration purposes

Comment

Not only what he said^^^^^^^, but the price of glass has gone stupid high (just about like the price of every else since the Dems took over).

I just got 2 window panes made for my house (just the glass), and it was $476, and I have to install it myself too!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

With the supply issue being what it is I may have to hold off just by default.
        I got one quote for a DelMar window line from Clarity windows and it ranged from 10k th almost 13k for 9ea 35"x59"windows.
        The lead time was around 6 to 8 weeks.
        I was think it would cost me about 6k to 6.5k but I don't think that is a realistic expectation in today's environment.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had the windows replaced in our house with Window World. Was told in July 2021 6000.00 and lead time would be 10 weeks. It ended up being 6200 and 13 months.

Comment

Here is a guy who put in my windows a few years ago. Very reasonable and great crew.
            John Bush
            817-243-5260

Comment

Have you checked Lowe's or Home Depot? Idk if they have the quality you're looking for but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Comment

Call window world in Arlington

Comment

Sending pm

Comment

I got quotes from all the guys your hear on the radio…ended up going with kings windows out of north Richland hills. I didn’t like being schmoozed and hassled by the salesman for the bigger companies..

Kings windows were same price as them and they’re a small locally owned business. They were also the least greasy-used-car-salesman-like. Been happy with the windows.

Correct, the wait time is horrible but that’s just the way things are..

Comment

Ringer Windows are made in Taylor Texas. About a 10 week lead time for custom. Im installing a couple of their vinyl windows at a rental. They have stock sizes and lead time will be significantly shorter.

Idve gone with Reliabilt from Lowes if I didnt need a custom size. The Ringer vinyl flange corner welds seem to be more robust.

At first I ordered some windows through McCoys with a 4-6 week lead time with a manufacturer in DFW. At week 4 I got a call saying my order was canceled by the manufacturer because they lost their glass certification. I was perturbed.

I really wanted a Texas manufacturer.
                      I shouldve gone with Ringer right off. Ordered directly from them.
                      Good luck MrHunter.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 09-14-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                        Call window world in Arlington

agree

Comment

My wife has worked in the building material and window business for almost 20 years…stay away from the one stop shops as they have an astronomical mark up. We have Anderson 100 series. They are middle of the road cost wise and are excellent windows.

Comment

MI Series 3500 Vinyl SH windows with HP Low-E, Argon Gas, & half screens. You'd have to pick them up in Springtown and find an installer. Approx. 6-week lead time
                            Attached Files

Comment

Window World

Comment

Working...
                              X