No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment A 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they still requiring a proficiency test? I'm not seeing they do anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by sgraham1071 View Post
      Any places to eat around there?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
      whataburger
      taco casa
      chicken express, or golden chick, i forget which one
      pizza hut
      a mexican food place pretty close
      a liquor store

all within 1 mile. Victorian Inn is the name of the place

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        whataburger

taco casa

chicken express, or golden chick, i forget which one

pizza hut

a mexican food place pretty close

a liquor store

all within 1 mile. Victorian Inn is the name of the place
        Alright. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
          Are they still requiring a proficiency test? I'm not seeing they do anywhere
          Negative, just the Bowhunter cert.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I now have the Millenium t100 tripod , Just have to do some more scouting and find a great place to put it up.

Comment

I’d shoot him

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                Well I now have the Millenium t100 tripod , Just have to do some more scouting and find a great place to put it up.

I hunt from a saddle. If I ever draw again, I will use a climber. Nothing wrong with a tripod, but it might limit you as it pertains to concealment. Just food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                  I hunt from a saddle. If I ever draw again, I will use a climber. Nothing wrong with a tripod, but it might limit you as it pertains to concealment. Just food for thought.
                  Just curious, why would you choose the climber over the saddle? I have both and still haven't decided which I'll be using more of.

Comment

Hagerman Segment A 2022

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
                    Just curious, why would you choose the climber over the saddle? I have both and still haven't decided which I'll be using more of.

Hagerman is an all day sit, sun up to sundown (12+ hrs). I can comfortably sit in my saddle up to 8 hrs, after that I am done. Three days of that, my feet and back were screaming. I found myself getting down at peak time to give my feet a break. Comfort is priority when hunting hagerman, imo. There are plenty of trees that you can put a climber in at hagerman. I believe having the option is better than not. I enjoy saddle hunting but it does have its limitations. But you might find a good spot where you cannot put a climber. This is just my experience.
                    And I am not young buck. Back problems, knee problems, etc.
                    Last edited by TradHunter; 10-16-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                      Hagerman is an all day sit, sun up to sundown (12+ hrs). I can comfortably sit in my saddle up to 8 hrs, after that I am done. Three days of that, my feet and back were screaming. I found myself getting down at peak time to give my feet a break. Comfort is priority when hunting hagerman, imo. There are plenty of trees that you can put a climber in at hagerman. I believe having the option is better than not. I enjoy saddle hunting but it does have its limitations. But you might find a good spot where you cannot put a climber. This is just my experience.
                      And I am not young buck. Back problems, knee problems, etc.

This goes to show how personal comfort is… if I knew I had an all day sit, I would pick the saddle every time. My back issues make sitting for long periods painful, no matter how comfortable the seat. In fact, if the projected winds stay the same this week, I have 2 all day sits planned in my saddle (Tuesday and Thursday).

The trick is to spend time in your setup and find what works for YOU. Know your gear’s and YOUR limitations so you can set yourself up for success.

Good luck on the Hagerman hunt, I hope you knock down a monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought I would remind folks that tonight is the last chance for the Teams orientation from 6:00 to 7:30.

Comment

I just signed in

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

HAG Segment A

Good luck everyone! Hope to see alot of pictures!

Comment

Good luck everyone that got drawn for A.

Comment

Note a change for 2022-2023 season that will impact the H hunters.

Mandatory Harvest Reporting
                                White-tailed deer harvested and tagged with a standard hunting license tag in the counties listed below during any open season (archery, general muzzleloader, and youth) must be reported within 24 hours of harvest via the “My Texas Hunt Harvest” mobile application or online version. For digital license holders, execution of a digital tag serves as completion of mandatory harvest reporting for deer and turkey in applicable counties.

Report using the “My Texas Hunt Harvest” mobile app (for iOS and Android), or
                                Report online in your web browser
                                Counties with mandatory buck and antlerless white-tailed deer harvest reporting:

Collin
                                Dallas
                                Grayson
                                Rockwall

Comment

Working...
                                X