Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LRGV La Sal Del Rey Tract, anybody got info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV La Sal Del Rey Tract, anybody got info?

My son's youth hunt this weekend got moved from East Lake to La Sal Del Rey so I'm scrambling for info on it. I spent quite some time planning for the East Lake so all that's out the window now.
    Email says "no hunting around the lake" but mentions no clarification, apparently it's open to the public and people can park in and go for hikes and such.
    Last edited by justletmein; 11-30-2020, 01:09 PM.

Take chairs- shooting platform. I hunted East Lake but walked in found an area we liked and I dropped off 3 gallons of water, some supplies, and just hunted. Bring a small hand rake. I found an area we liked and I raked all material to make it quiet and also have a place to lay down. We stayed all day and took turns taking naps etc. You want to be set up and ready when others are going in/out. Get out there early and quickly as you can.

Comment

It’s a neat feature in the RGV, lots of deer, nilgai and hogs im thinking maybe due to the hunt they might close for the public. It is a big tract with lots of walking we have seen gone for walks in the past and have seen deer and nilgai in the parking area very game abundant place

Comment

That's encouraging Zjesse, I was starting to get a bit bummed out. It looks like a lot of open farmland/fields on the map, and anywhere around the lake is off limits. The email specifically states the area is open to general public and prohibits "hunting around the lake" but doesn't really detail what that means. The parking areas they sent don't line up with what's listed as parking areas on the general use map so waiting on clarification on that, probably hunters will be required to park in a different area to avoid scaring people. Email came in today and we're heading out Wednesday so I'm kind of scrambling.

Comment

If the parking area is off 186 that’s to the general public but if I remember correctly there is a parking area off chapa road that runs adjacent to 186 it is so game heavy i advice you to drive with caution early in the morning or late at night

Comment

I just got through Hunting the Schalaben tract which is just across the road from it on the east. That is were they moved my hunt to from East Lake

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
              I just got through Hunting the Schalaben tract which is just across the road from it on the east. That is were they moved my hunt to from East Lake
              That's right next to us on the map. How'd yall do? edit: Found your thread, reading it now.
              Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the hunt.

The place has lots of animals. We see plenty of them from the roads so without a doubt have to be More inside of it.

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

How is the Turkey population?

Comment

Working...
                    X