No announcement yet.

Powderhorn November 21-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That smile says she will be your hunting buddy for years to come.
    Congrats to ya'll

Comment

Awesome!! I’m loving that grin!

Comment

Appreciate it guys. Not sure who was more excited me or her.

Comment

Great deer congrats to her!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                One of my favorite hunts. We took 3 sambar, a hog and a WT buck. Saw axis.

We shot a .280 & .270

And 6.5 creedmoor [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome, congrats to her on a great buck. Miss that place!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire View Post
                    We were lucky to come across this guy on Sunday afternoon.

That's going to be some great eating. He's gonna be hooked after this.

Comment

Weather conditions were definitely not ideal. We saw two good stags literally as soon as we crossed the cattle guard into our compartment. Thought about getting out and shooting the bigger of the two but they didn’t have forks on top so I suggested we wait to see what else we would see…kinda hard to shoot something before you even get the guns out of the cases. We unloaded our utv and filled the tailgate feeder on it with corn in the rain, I turned around and there was a doe standing 20 yards behind us so I tossed her some corn and she immediately started eating. We decided to go corn all the roads and explore the compartment and saw a lot of deer and a few Sambar hindes. Deer would be eating on the road 10 minutes after putting it out. We mostly stayed in the truck and drove around due to the 30+ mph winds and rain but saw a lot of game. Saturday my buddy’s son shot a stag mid morning and my son missed a mature buck at 300 yards on the way back to the truck. By this time my son was going to shoot any stag he saw and closer to dark we saw a giant but looking at my map he seemed to be in another compartment (bayou was boundary and he was on other shoreline 150 yards). I called Dan back at the headquarters to confirm if we could shoot and he said someone was in that compartment so no go. We saw 20+ Sambar that evening and had a shot at a small stag close to dark but after seeing the big one my son decided to hold out to last morning. Last morning weather was crappy again and now down to the last hour we were on the hunt for anything brown. We decided to make one last drive to the other side of the compartment and passed a few does and young bucks until we came around the corner and there was a decent buck eating corn in the road. We stopped and my son got his shooting sticks and put a round in the buck at about 40 yards. Couple things that I learned…1)all the animals(deer and Sambar) love corn…2) Sambar don’t move much in wind and rain but will in nicer weather…3) the deer are a lot smaller than they look. Overall a fun couple of days and the staff were great.
                      Trying to post pics but keep getting an error.

Comment

Comment

That's a great buck Ross. Congrats to him and to you.

And to everyone else that scored.

Comment

Congrats to all those kids, great animals taken!!

Comment

Congrats to all. Sounds like a fun experience.

Comment

Great job to all you guys, that's a fun place for sure, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X