Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you buying your strings these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    Lane Holcomb makes a good D97 string. He'll need length, number of strands, colors, type of silencer is wanted, etc. He's made my orders and shipped the next day. He has a Facebook place and on ebay, also.

I also have a bunch of strings that Bob Lee supplies with their bows. Decent 14-strand D97 strings all colored brown and black with puffs on them. They'll ship you one.
    I second Lane Holcomb makes a great string .

Comment

Originally posted by 4barchery View Post
      I use Alan with Ten Ring Strings for several of my bows.
      Have have used him for years with great results.

Comment

Got a couple from this guy. See how it goes. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221123_203332_MP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	24699876

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I make my own!

Comment

John Hynes makes great Flemish strings, makes all of mine. I tried hcb and others and didn’t like em. Too loud and too thin.
            About all I use now a days are B55, cheaper and quiet.

Comment

The only B55 string I have is a loud sog.

Comment

I've been nothing but pleased with https://mountainmufflerstrings.com/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Steve's strings were loud for me. Love the bow hush and hush puppies but strings, not so much.
                  Realistically I think I probably don't NEED as many new strings as I buy but change them out every eight to ten thousand shots.

Comment

Initial impression is it's quality string. Nicely done end weaves and loops. Smooth even twist that was close to my BH right out of the package. Had to adjust the string puffs to quiet the string. As least as my ears hear it. Strung it a quarter inch high last night. Stretched/ set down about 3/16ths overnight and another 16th inch or so and was set within 30 shots. I was playing with BH a bit so didn't keep an exact count. Shooting while manning the pellet smoker so I had a couple minutes here and there to assess and adjust.
                    My biggest dislike was something it seems every string maker does and they put the tie on nocks way too high. I know they twist into place but twisting them 2" into place is not fun and sometimes leads to one or both loosening on the string.
                    Still don't think it's as quiet as the strings I got from Daniel but I really think losing the BCYX option stinks because 97 and 99 are not as quiet. You may not be able to tell in the yard or at the range but practicing out of a pop up blind I can tell and I'm 85% dead in my left ear.
                    I'll pass on my impression to him and see what he says but Randy is using him and trusts him soni figured I'd try a couple.
                    Shoots decently enough at fifteen yards in the rain. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221124_122726_MP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	24699928

Comment

Working...
                    X