Kill this one a week ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Post your public land kills

Originally posted by MrDude View Post

Kill this one a week ago

Awesome! Congrats!

Every time I think of ditching my canoe for another kayak I think of that [emoji51].

Where’d you put your bow and gear? Lap or back storage?
          Last edited by Kirby86; 11-23-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDude View Post

Kill this one a week ago

Now that’s an awesome pic

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              Awesome! Congrats!

Every time I think of ditching my canoe for another kayak I think of that [emoji51].

Where’d you put your bow and gear? Lap or back storage?

Back Storage that yak was maxed out and a very tipsy float back

Comment

Came in on a rope black friday to flextone grunt tube.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  West TX Solo DIY

Nice! Beautiful country!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                    Came in on a rope black friday to flextone grunt tube.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                    Waydago!

Comment

Comment

Got my first bow/public buck. Not a monster. But had a short time to get him, and is a heck of a story. Encountered him one other time and he busted me. So had to change strategies. I'm super happy about it!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          Beautiful deer! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
                            Got my first bow/public buck. Not a monster. But had a short time to get him, and is a heck of a story. Encountered him one other time and he busted me. So had to change strategies. I'm super happy about it!
                            let's hear that story!

Comment

I like this thread because the hunters earn their deer in a different manner
                              Of putting in the time with a little luck on their side. And no I I haven’t hunted like the aforementioned in a long time just the traditional “Texas style”.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                                let's hear that story!
                                I had 2 weeks to hunt. I shot a spike opening day of the hunt, was gutting my spike and I hear a noise. I look over and about 60 yards from me, a doe comes running, and right behind her, was this buck. I had my camera out, and saw this one a few times on camera. Then I was walking in one day, and jumped him, bedded down with a doe. Thought I wouldn't see him again. Well I hunted a ground blind a couple of days later. I am sitting, and I see 3 doe, well, stupid me, I dropped a handful of corn on a trail down wind of me, and didn't even realize it. 2 doe went to where I needed them to go, but they hadn't settled down yet. Well, the third one comes in, and gets to the tiny bit of corn I had down wind, and she busted me. They take off. Well about 30 mins later, this buck comes out. I thought I was going to get him. Well, instead of stopping at two other places I had small amounts of corn at, he walked around them, and went to the trail down wind of me. He didn't even make it to the corn and he busted me. I was discouraged, as this was the only legal buck I had encountered where I could've had any potential shot at. I figured I would definitely not see him anymore.

Fortunately, I had a secondary spot. I checked my camera there, and saw that this buck had been in there, about 25 mins before I saw him. So, I decided that the very next evening I was going to hunt this secondary location. I really didn't expect much, and was ready to shoot anything legal. (Doe, or buck). I had accidentally sprayed about 3/4 a can of Buck Bomb. I didn't realize the nozzle locked down. I broke the nozzle off so it would stop spraying. Wasn't planning on seeing much, but I was there. Well at about 5:00, I had a small buck come out. I watched him for about 5 mins, then he started looking off in a different direction. I looked up and then see a spike come out. At this point I had a basket 6 and a spike at the corn. They were there 15 mins. Stayed clear of each other though. Then all of the sudden they look up and start looking back. I look up and I see him. In the trees about 50 yards off. But he is coming in. He comes in, and goes to the small pile of scattered corn I had, about 15 yards away. He is facing my direction the whole time. I am focused. Forgot about the other spike and basket rack on either side. This one turns and takes a step back. I raise up, and the two smaller bucks saw me, and trotted off. This one, instinctually took off as well. I thought for sure it was over. Well I got ready and just waited. I watched him turn around, and I told myself "If he gets to that tree, I am guessing it's 30 yards", he walked to that tree, and looked back the direction of the corn. I knew it was then or never. It was either try, or let him get spooked again and run. So I let one fly. I busted him at 30ish yards. He ran about 60, and died. I am super excited about it, and very happy to have harvested it.

Comment

Working...
                                X