Non successful booked hunt payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non successful booked hunt payment question

I have never been on a booked hunt before so I’m not sure of the answer to my question. I booked a three day hunt for my son for a 150 class or better deer and left a $500 deposit to hold the hunt , this morning will be his last chance to get it done but my hopes are not high as we haven’t seen anything near that class of deer yet , he outfitter had sent me pics of two target deer prior to the hunt , one of the deer had been shot two days before we arrived and the second deer he decided wasn’t old enough the first morning when it showed up, the rut is on and the deer are moving all day yet the Guide slept from 10:30 am until around 3:00 pm instead of hurting with my son trying to find a suitable deer , this is a BIG cattle ranch in erath co that in my opinion promotes good opportunity for a spot in stock hunting with deep draws that are thick with brush and lots of open area above the draws, I have provided all meals for everyone, myself my son the guide and his Freind, Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and prepared all meals as well as cleaned up after all meals , dishes , cooking utensils, so to my question, if they are not successful this morning what do I owe this man ? I know the deposit is non refundable and I’m fine with that but do I give him more money for his time / fuel/ feed? I just want to do what’s right and like I said before I’ve never had to book a hunt before so I’m asking.

How old is the son ?

10-3 is peak rutting if its a sunny day.

Comment

20 and the guide is 24, my son has definitely spent more time in camp and then out in the field pursuing the structured class deer he is hunting. The guy wants to be with my son to make sure the wrong deer is not shot,

Comment

Was there a set fee or price for kill after deposit was paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

sounds like a pretty lazy guide IMO - give him another $100 and move on and mark it up to a bad experience - it happens unfortunatley

Comment

$3,750,00

Comment

If I didn’t have to pay more I wouldn’t since your son is of fighting age. If the boy was younger I would’ve avoided a confrontation.

Dude wouldn’t have slept with me there.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                If I didn’t have to pay more I wouldn’t since your son is of fighting age. If the boy was younger I would’ve avoided a confrontation.

Dude wouldn’t have slept with me there.
                I agree with this but have always been told not to guide the guide, that being said here it is 6:12 am and the guy is still sleeping

Comment

Wake his *** up

Comment

Give him nothing but advice, Tell him he should look for a new line of work because a guide thing ain't doing it. Sounds like you did most of the work, he should be tipping you.

You can always do this, when your ready to leave pull out a stack of $100 and start counting through them in front of the guide then fold them up and put in your pocket get in your truck and leave.
                    Last edited by Bassdeer; 11-21-2022, 06:30 AM.

Comment

pack your bags & go.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
                        Wake his *** up
                        This ^^^ then explain to him why you are not satisfied. Pack up and move along. I would be po'ed if my guide was still asleep at 630 am! They should have been in the blind an hour ago...

Comment

Guide is way too young. Your food, you cook and clean, you’ve done plenty. Imo, I wouldn’t pay more than 50%.

Comment

Need more details on hunt structure.

If you paid $500 for this hunt that included lodging plus guide for 3 days THEN a kill fee only if you shoot something that's not a bad deal since you're also staying there.

The guide may have given up? Was he drinking last night? Did he say what time you should be in blinds this morning? He sounds lazy and doesn't deserve a tip but again, more info would help.

Now if he wants $3,750 for this hunt.... He!! to the no! He should have let him shoot the buck that came out. What does age have anything to do with it when they're selling a buck?

Comment

Just be honest and tell him you were really disappointed in this experience. Tell him everything you told us.

Tip him if you’re feeling generous, then leave.

Comment

Working...
                              X