X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is cool in the blind this morning. A frosty 30 degrees here 👍
    Attached Files

Comment

My hunting has been slow. All my good bucks at my free place have disappeared even the does are scarce. At my lease I can kill a second buck after thanksgiving but I don’t have any on camera I care to target. Going next weekend to try to kill a couple does, tried last weekend and the wind didn’t cooperate. I am at the free place this morning but have little confidence as camera pictures are few and far between

Comment

I had 2 new bucks show up last night and lots of activity on all my cell cams but it was all between 12am and 4am

Comment

Almost 7a and have yet to see a deer this weekend

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Slowest morning of the last 3 by far. Two does and a 6pt is all.

Comment

Slow for me so far this morning but my dad just shot a 10. Will post pics later after the recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slow for me but my lease partner just had a young decent 8 push 3 doe through his area

Comment

In the blind here in Jasper, just had a good 8 pushing a doe hard. Then two spikes following does in two separate instances, not pushing hard but looked to be getting fired up.

Comment

What is everyone’s thoughts on this rut. I would have thought my other lease members would have great action on Saturday and today but they are seeing no rut activity and minimal deer. Think we are past peak rut already and are headed down?

When typically have y’all seen great movement and chasing or seeking? Which dates?

Houston County.

Thanks!

Comment

Halloween weekend the chasing starts good here and goes through second week of general. I believe they have been locked down this week and are coming out of it here from what I am seeing on camera. Doe were gone the last few days and nights but are showing back up. There will be a secondary around Thanksgiving or the week after. Alot of our doe here were bred really late last year. We had several fawns with spots still when bow season opened.

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post
                        What is everyone’s thoughts on this rut. I would have thought my other lease members would have great action on Saturday and today but they are seeing no rut activity and minimal deer. Think we are past peak rut already and are headed down?

When typically have y’all seen great movement and chasing or seeking? Which dates?

Houston County.

Thanks!

Right there with you in Houston County. Usually the last weekend of bow season to around the opening of the general season is the most active year to year on our place but this year has been a dud. Usually we have less acorns. With a bumper crop, the does don't have to move far from their bedding area to eat and can lay back down in cover. Does staying in cover and not having to come to feed areas being hunted translates to bucks not having to come far out of cover. I think this is the issue on our place. I have NEVER seen this many acorns on the ground in the woods. The timing of the last couple of big fronts dropped a ton of acorns right at the time of peak rut activity.

Comment

Action picked up after my last post. Whiffed on a good one ����*♂️

Comment

Here’s my dads Rusk county deer from earlier - actually came into corn about 7:15 this morning. My dad hunted a prime killing stand that can be feast or famine but during the rut it is a great place and has produced some really good deer, including us 168 from a couple years ago. This is the 11pt we’ve had on camera that has been nocturnal.

Comment

Nice one for sure there! Congrats to your dad.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X