No announcement yet.

Tactacam with Reaktor Solar Panel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to have to pull 3 Reaktor's from the field and send them back. Bought them in the last couple months after that Deal Alert was on here. Put two cameras out with no backup batteries in them and they died one day apart showing 90% battery life, third camera is obviously running off the batteries left in the camera but slowly fading. Seems like I got one week of power out of each Reaktor and they just shutdown. Going to make some 12v feeder battery boxes to run off of. Not impressed with these Reaktors one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
      Going to have to pull 3 Reaktor's from the field and send them back. Bought them in the last couple months after that Deal Alert was on here. Put two cameras out with no backup batteries in them and they died one day apart showing 90% battery life, third camera is obviously running off the batteries left in the camera but slowly fading. Seems like I got one week of power out of each Reaktor and they just shutdown. Going to make some 12v feeder battery boxes to run off of. Not impressed with these Reaktors one bit.
      Ive flipped, charged and pushed the buttons on mine with same issues. Emailing them shortly.

Comment

Update....Sending mine back for a replacement

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well mine stopped sending pics. Were at 100% and then stopped. No internal batteries in two tactacams. Heading down this weekend and will assess if the panel is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Update....Sending mine back for a replacement

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            I need to do the same.

Comment

Picked one up today at Bucees

After reading this thread, I’m hoping for the best

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                I need to do the same.

Sent mine back today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was looking for a solution because they quit making the cams with the solar panels attached.

Ordered the Tactacam brand solar panel from Amazon so hopefully that works much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

I picked mine up Friday charged it Saturday. Put it out Sunday and worked like a champ so far. My lithium batteries lasted exactly 28 days and camera died.

Follow the instructions. Cord A for tactacam and hit the button on reactor. I checked mine before going into field on a browning camera I had in my garage. It fired up 100 % so I feel it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

I have three that are working like champs.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                        I picked mine up Friday charged it Saturday. Put it out Sunday and worked like a champ so far. My lithium batteries lasted exactly 28 days and camera died.

Follow the instructions. Cord A for tactacam and hit the button on reactor. I checked mine before going into field on a browning camera I had in my garage. It fired up 100 % so I feel it would work.

Well at this point the Reaktor is a POS. Lasted 5 days. Did everything on the instructions even tested at home.

Got in the field set it up test picture worked perfect. Camera showed 100% and all 4 red lights on Reaktor were lit. Camera died at 60% showing in app.

Went out today to add batteries and remove the POS. Reaktor had a very light red blinking light. Removed it and it died.

Will not try again will try something else. Will take to elusive and see what they say. For the record bought it at Bucees in Baytown.

Comment

Man they must’ve had a bad big batch put out. We’ve got 5 out all working but another member bought some a year later and having same issues y’all are [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                            Update… I replaced one of two units with a new reactor from elusive wildlife. It’s working like a champ. They also emailed me about resetting the unit like a post earlier in this thread. It worked also on unit 2 of 2.

The additional instructions suggested I Cover the solar panel and hold the test button for a few seconds. It resets the unit and you should be good unless you have a dead port. This method worked for me. No problems since resetting a unit.

Update….. So I can’t get these things to last over 5 days. It’s like the solar panel is not charging the batteries. Going back to AA’s

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                              Well at this point the Reaktor is a POS. Lasted 5 days. Did everything on the instructions even tested at home.

Got in the field set it up test picture worked perfect. Camera showed 100% and all 4 red lights on Reaktor were lit. Camera died at 60% showing in app.

Went out today to add batteries and remove the POS. Reaktor had a very light red blinking light. Removed it and it died.

Will not try again will try something else. Will take to elusive and see what they say. For the record bought it at Bucees in Baytown.

I called them and we went over the issues on the phone. I had family obligations and couldnt get to conroe for at least a week so they emailed me a return label. They are supposed to mail me a replacement but I aint got it yet.

Comment

I’ve got 20 tactacams, 10 with reaktor panels and 10 with external battery boxes. I’m having same issues with solar panels and external battery box so that tells me it’s the camera not the solar panel or box. They all seemed to work fine until the first cold weather in kansas.

Comment

Working...
                                X