Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything at Gate 6 the other day?

Comment

Did not seen a thing outside of some rooting and a few tracks. Check out some bedding areas, nothing. Went to gate 7 Sat morning and same thing. Went to gate 4, Willis Creek went tothe left and walk down to the far corner along the creek to the private land, same thing, saw some track going across that creek headed to where the main creek is but did not cross as I probably still be there stuck up to my waist in the mud. Plan on heading out to gate 4 this Friday and will cross over, should be a little bid drier to cross.

Comment

Went with the guys to Gate 6 and worked our area this morning. Its weird - last year and this spring, there were a TON of hogs out there. Very busy. We took a break over the summer and for about the past month and a half there's just nothing out there. I've come across one hog my last trip but that was about it. I'm thinking they moved due to the drought. I have a few ideas, but we'll see what happens.

I may have to go less as we come up on the holidays, but as I get opportunities I plan on trying a few other areas.

I came across a feeder and trail camera south of gate 6. Is that one of y'all?? I'm just curious if it's picking up any activity outside of deer.

Comment

You two should just trade phone numbers and be done with it! No one else is hunting Granger anymore, cause there are no pigs (or deer) out there.

Comment

You're wrong on multiple points, but I'm not going to bother going into all of them. All I'll say is there wouldn't be a point in forums if everyone just talked privately.

Sorry about your feelings.

Comment

Ha that is a good one. Well you might be right about hogs, went this weekend and walked Willis Creek half way to Sore Finger, saw some tracks and rooting but no hogs. Saw 5 deer in the area. Then on Sat. went to Comanche Bluff and walked down to the primitive campground, same on hogs good sign but no hogs. Saw on hen and 28 deer, one young buck and a huge 8pt. What was funny, maybe not, I was the only one hunting out there besides a few duck hunters blasting away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobulldog View Post
                Ha that is a good one. Well you might be right about hogs, went this weekend and walked Willis Creek half way to Sore Finger, saw some tracks and rooting but no hogs. Saw 5 deer in the area. Then on Sat. went to Comanche Bluff and walked down to the primitive campground, same on hogs good sign but no hogs. Saw on hen and 28 deer, one young buck and a huge 8pt. What was funny, maybe not, I was the only one hunting out there besides a few duck hunters blasting away.
                There were people duck hunting on Saturday?

Comment

this place sounds good, i am going to have my group of public land buddies research it a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    You two should just trade phone numbers and be done with it! No one else is hunting Granger anymore, cause there are no pigs (or deer) out there.

akakakakakakaka!

Comment

Duck season opened last Sat. Comanche Bluff is a good area but long walk down to the campground, 3 miles in, you can go all the way to Hwy 95 if you really want to hike, one day I may do that just for kicks. A lot of people, with kayaks or john boats launch from gate 7 ramp and go across the river, there are a couple ladders up the bank at the campground.

Comment

It sounded like a war zone while I was there. Loved it! The 20 or so deer didn't seem phased.

Comment

Anyone hunt coyotes out at granger?

Comment

Anyone hunting anything at Granger now?

Comment

Originally posted by dgrantlpc View Post
                              Anyone hunting anything at Granger now?
                              Nah, with grass high, ticks would be crazy.

Comment

From now till September I pretty much avoid the woods. Ticks, chiggers, snakes, heatstroke, poison ivy, and sore hips from busting through high grass... no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X