Skid Steer Augers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skid Steer Augers

I clear land and am asked to drill post holes in the hill country which can be tough with a standard setup. Does anyone have suggestions on bits and equipment?

tending the fire,
    Bob G.

I would think if it’s a lot of rock you would need something like a beltec drill.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Beltec H-300 on a skid loader with their new style rock bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        Beltec H-300 on a skid loader with their new style rock bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This is all you need here

Comment

Put a rail road tie under the back of the skid steer to keep the pressure on the front.

Comment

I use a Beltec with rock augers with my Bobcat.

Comment

Beltec !
              Nothing else compares except the Cat auger.

Comment

Guess I’m gonna have to try one…

tending the fire,
                Bob G.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                  Put a rail road tie under the back of the skid steer to keep the pressure on the front.
                  Not to many people know that trick, it does make a big difference on a rubber tire skid loader, the track machines we run now don't need it.

Comment

Going off on a little tangent, but we have an older danuser 3pt phd with a round shaft/augers, and now my brother picked up a phd for his track loader which has a square shaft. Do they have adapters to go from the square phd to the round auger? Or this a dyi project so we can use the old with the new?

Comment

Originally posted by JD4020 View Post
                      Going off on a little tangent, but we have an older danuser 3pt phd with a round shaft/augers, and now my brother picked up a phd for his track loader which has a square shaft. Do they have adapters to go from the square phd to the round auger? Or this a dyi project so we can use the old with the new?
                      I know they make an adapter to go from hexagon shaft to round shaft as I have one ordered right now waiting for it to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        I know they make an adapter to go from hexagon shaft to round shaft as I have one ordered right now waiting for it to come in.
                        Yep. Equipment rental places have them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          Thanks, we'll check our local dealer before testing my welding skills

Comment

Working...
                          X