These girls are laying them down in Comstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
    After a short trip to San Marcos to visit my oldest daughter and watch Texas State put a whoopin’ on Appalachian St…we headed west to the lease in Val Verde County to hunt Sunday evening to Wednesday. It was a mad dash to get to the stand before feeders threw that Sunday but we made it. I was impressed with the number of dove over some water still standing from all the rain in a small tank area near camp. It was crazy the amount of birds, mix of mourning and WW.

I had to move one of our sets to a better spot so I took the ranch truck and trailer to do handle that while my girl friend took the ranger and headed to what we call the front stand. After moving her set back to where she wanted it, I had like 45 mins to bird hunt and man it was like Argentina the last hour of light. I only had a one box of 20 ga shells but got 12 with the old Westernfield. It was great. So I hear her pull back into camp in the ranger and she backs to the skinning pole. She had killed a good old buck we had watched a while, tracked it and recovered it while I moved her set and squeezed a bird hunt in. I was proud. She even came back to camp and got the kids to help her track. Her deer didn’t go far and fell over so good short track. We were all excited about it.

So that Tuesday morning we slept in a little and tan to town to eat and get more shells. I asked my daughter if she wanted to bow hunt that evening and she says sure. We got her bow out and made sure she was dialed in. That evening her and I went to the North set which is this metal house blind over a feeder in a big flat of mesquite and cactus. We planned to get her a shot on a Javi but that shook changed when a nice 8 comes into feeder and feeds perfectly broadside for a while. My daughter says, dad I could smoke him..I said can you? She says yes. I say ok let’s do it. Take your time and don’t rush, pick a small spot behind shoulder and aim. She drew, held and steadied and released a fine and accurate arrow. That Magnus stinger sank up to the fletching into a great double lung shot. He bolted and crashed within 75 yds. We hugged and remained quiet as can be for a little while. She was itching to get after him, I made us wait around 30 mins but I knew we’ll he was dead. The blood was easy to follow but where he crashed took me longer than expected to find him. It was a frustrating 45 mins and we finally stumbled on him. He had death run like 20 yds in a direction the blood didn’t go so threw me for a loop. I prayed to God that I find this buck and had faith we would, we did.

So here is my youngest daughter first deer with a bow.

Great few days with our family at the ranch and proud of these girls, can’t wait to get back there. Thanks TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    x

Comment

Heck Ya!!! Great job

Comment

That's awesome, brother!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats to all!

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats to women hunters!! My brother has a place in Comstock and his oldest son is ate up with hunting out there.

Comment

Great Memories

Comment

That’s greatness. Congrats
                  I miss being able to take my daughter hunting

Comment

Awesome!!!
                    Big congrats to y’all…..

Comment

Thank you very much ladies and gents. Just showed this thread to my daughters and they enjoyed reading through the posts.

Good luck to all of you and stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats hoythunter, Great memories.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X