X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Tuesday)

Daily Bible Portion 3 of 7
    "AND I IMPLORED"

(Weekly Reading>>Deuteronomy 3:23-7:11, Isaiah 40:1-26, Matthew 4:1-11, Mark 12:1-44, 1 Timothy 2:4-6)

The Covenant did not change, but the placement of the Covenant changed. No longer was it written on slabs of stone. Now it is written and contained in our hearts(Eze 36:26). This newly located Covenant was passed on to a thousand generations of those who love and obey Yahweh with all their heart, soul and mind. The purpose and fulfillment of this Covenant is and always has been - in Yeshua/Jesus/The Word/The Torah made flesh.

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 “And these words [Yeshua/Jesus] which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”

Deuteronomy 7:9 “Therefore know that the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments”

1 Chronicles 16:15-18 “Remember His covenant forever, the word [Jesus/Yeshua] which He commanded, for a thousand generations, The covenant which He made with Abraham, and His oath to Isaac, and confirmed it to Jacob for a statute, to Israel for an everlasting covenant, saying, ‘To you I will give the land of Canaan As the allotment of your inheritance’”

Psalm 105:8 “He remembers His covenant forever, The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations”

Yeshua/Jesus [meaning Yahweh saves or delivers] is indeed the purpose, goal and fulfillment of His Word (Romans 10:4). We who believe that is obey and walk in His ways are His firstfruits. Our identity is in Yeshua [The Word], the physical and spiritual manifestation of the Word (John 1:1; 14). He is still living and eternal and therefore so is the Covenant made with Abraham that resides in us today. This is what gives us the desire to walk in and obey Him. When we are in agreement with Yeshua we find our desire to embrace Him. Yeshua is the author of the Word and guarantor of the Covenant. He is faithful to fulfill His Purpose in our life. That is why Yeshua is the goal of the Torah and the goal of our faith.

Galatians 3:8 “And the Scripture [Yeshua], foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles [those who were scattered to the Nations] by faith [obedience], preached the Gospel to Abraham.”

Genesis 17:9 “And God said to Abraham: ‘As for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations.’”

Galatians 3:7, 29 “Therefore know that only those who are of faith [obedience] are sons of Abraham. And IF you are of Christ’s/Messiah’s [The Word/Law who in the flesh], then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise [given to Abraham].”

The model (pattern) of Yeshua as the Bridegroom together with Israel, called His Bride, is outlined all through Scripture. We are in a Bridal/betrothal relationship with Yeshua today. Yahweh has provided a ketubah; the Marriage Covenant called the Torah, with all of the instructions (from Mount Sinai) for the wedding and subsequent life with our Bridegroom, the King in His Kingdom.

Yeshua’s Bride is a royal priesthood, a representative of our King and His Kingdom. The priesthood comes with responsibilities for which the Bride promises to make herself ready by learning to walk in the Bridegroom’s footsteps and in the lifestyle of His Kingdom. The principles (Gospel) of Yeshua, the Bridegroom, help teach and prepare the Bride for her wedding and are found in the Book of Genesis all the way to the Book of Revelation. The priest’s (Bride’s) job is to embrace these for herself and then to teach these same principles (the Gospel) to others in the same pattern as Moses did to make disciples (priests/ambassadors) in Yeshua (Ezekiel 43:10-12, 44:23-24; Matthew 28:19; Revelation 19:7).

According to our Covenant as descendants of Abraham we are called to obey. Many are called but few choose (Matthew 22:1-14). After salvation, our walk is not to only focus on Yeshua’s death and resurrection but towards our purpose, which is to walk in holiness. This is called sanctification. As we are called a royal priesthood, we learn that the priesthood starts in the Davidic Covenant. To do this, a believer must first walk from the Abrahamic Covenant and into the Mosaic Covenant (instruction). There they learn what sanctification is and how to walk in it. Doing this embodies the Davidic Covenant called the Restoration of David’s tabernacle (Amos 9:11). With the information gained in the Mosaic Covenant on how to walk in Yeshua’s principles (learning to discern between clean and unclean, holy and unholy, His feast days and Sabbath), the believer now has the understanding and ability to walk in Yeshua’s footsteps - in holiness. We are told that without holiness no one will see Yahweh. If we do not engage in a lifestyle in the knowledge of clean and unclean, holy and unholy or Yahweh’s Feast days (known as the gospel) we run the possibility of defiling the Temple, which now resides in us. As Priests of a heavenly Kingdom, we are commissioned to understand the operation of that Kingdom - which is holiness. Sanctification (holiness) is designed to be an ongoing process in the lives of our earthly walk (Galatians 3:7, 29; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Ezekiel 43:10-12).

Exodus 19:5-6 “Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy[set apart] nation.”

1 Peter 2:9 “But you area chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness [breaking the law] into His marvelous light [obeying and teaching the law]”

Romans 1:1-5 “Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach, called to be an apostle [disciple/priest/bride], separated to the gospel [Mosaic Covenant – principles] of God which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures [Torah], concerning His Son Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach our Lord/Master, who was born of the seed of David [Davidic Covenant – order of Melchizedek – King and Priest – bridegroom/holiness] according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. Through Him we have received grace and apostleship [priesthood] for obedience to the faith [to the principles of His Kingdom – holiness] among all nations for His name”

Deuteronomy 7:22-24 (Because of our obedience to Yahweh) “Yahweh your God/Elohim will drive out those nations [reference also to our sinful dishonoring nature] before you little by little; you will be unable to destroy them at once, lest the beasts of the field become too numerous for you. But Yahweh your God/Elohim will deliver them over to you, and will inflict defeat upon them until they are destroyed. And He will deliver their kings into your hand, and you will destroy their name from under heaven [because you walk in redemption and holiness in Yeshua’s name]; no one shall be able to stand against you until you have destroyed them.”

Ezekiel 43:10-12 (A prophetic word spoken to those walking in the priesthood in the Messianic Age – for today) “Son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the pattern [the instructions that are taught in the Mosaic Covenant]. And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the temple and its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, its entire design and all its ordinances, all its forms and all its laws/principles. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its whole design and all its ordinances, and perform them. This is the law of the temple: The whole area surrounding the mountaintop is most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple.”

2 Corinthians 6:16 - 7:1 “For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: ‘I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people.’ Therefore come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty. Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit[sin], perfecting holiness[set apartness] in the fear of God.”

continues tomorrow...

Amen!

Comment

Working...
    X