No announcement yet.

1 Spot open, Val Verde county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interested and curious as to predator hunting during the off season. I assume there is year round access and pigs would be huntable year round along with exotic bucks?? Are your feeders all in pens or are some open for pigs to frequent?

Do you have a time frame as to when you might be out there?? I will try and reach out to you tomorrow.

Comment

Hey Hoythunter02. Five miles away makes us pretty much neighbors out there.

I don't have a set date to go out, but I am pretty flexible being self-employed.

Predator/hog hunting is encouraged. We have an abundance of coons and foxes. No coyotes ever seen or heard until last year. This year we had a couple get killed, not sure if their range is opening up or what. Only rule regarding this is no night hunting during deer season. A large portion of the hunting we do is after dark.

Comment

Sounds like a great place with good people. Very upfront and good info on the place not many like that.

Comment

We have several feeders without pens around them. Most have motion lights on them. A couple have bow setups on them, they all have rifle setups.

It's a fun place to hunt but it's not for everyone. Hard to convey in writing, but most people know if they like it or not after one trip.

Comment

sounds like a Great Place.... great description

Comment

Couple more pictures.
              Attached Files

Comment

I hunt in neighboring Terrell County he is right about the terrain. It is rugged country. Bump for ya!

Comment

I bet you are right by the old Walker Ranch? That was my wife's family place until they sold their part (~3600 acres) a few years ago. Now it's subdivided so california refugees can buy 60 acre lots of "Wolf Springs Ranch". They sold ever dang one too. I sure miss hunting out there where you could see all the stars and not get a cell signal

Comment

Looked up the wolf springs development, appears to be about 30 miles away.
                    Decent service with AT&T, others not so sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      Looked up the wolf springs development, appears to be about 30 miles away.
                      Decent service with AT&T, others not so sure about.

I forgot how long 1024 is I guess. Pandale is way up there. We were only 13 miles out of Comstock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are 42 to Comstock.

Comment

Like I said, even the close places are far away out there!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            I bet there are plenty arrowheads on that place.
                            Yep, I'm able to go to a friends family ranch not far from there once or twice a year and have found several. Funny thing is that I have found them all in very separate areas, can't seem to find what I would call a real camp. None of the family really mess with the points much, but who knows who looked on it 30 years ago.

Bump for a cool part of the state.

Comment

Bump, Sounds like a great place.

Comment

Sounds like a great place. Good luck filling the spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X