No announcement yet.

Galveston Beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live out on the west end and I’d drive to Surfside. More beach to drive on and get away from the crowds although that will be crowded as well. Also there’s a good restaurant in Freeport called “On The River”.

Here’s a few places to eat in Galveston:
    Miller’s
    Cajun Greek
    Original Mexican Restaurant
    Queens BBQ - get the turkey cliffhanger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
      I live out on the west end and I’d drive to Surfside. More beach to drive on and get away from the crowds although that will be crowded as well. Also there’s a good restaurant in Freeport called “On The River”.

Here’s a few places to eat in Galveston:
      Miller’s
      Cajun Greek
      Original Mexican Restaurant
      Queens BBQ - get the turkey cliffhanger

Anywhere you'd recommend on west end to surfside to buy eating shrimp?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Galveston Beach?

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Anywhere you'd recommend on west end to surfside to buy eating shrimp?

Nothing on the west end except a small grocery store called seven seas that sometimes has a cooler of shrimp. But you will pass a few spots on 61st on the right hand side headed to seawall.

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
          Nothing on the west end except a small grocery store called seven seas that sometimes has a cooler of shrimp. But you will pass a few spots on 61st on the right hand side headed to seawall.

Dang. Was hoping there was some hidden spot! We usually come in through lake Jackson and stay out of Galveston.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
            I found a new spot this past weekend I really liked. On East Beach there is a place called East Beach Cantina. You can reserve umbrella and chairs, or a canopy tent and chairs. Alcohol is allowed there and they sell beer and food as well. Was not overly crowded, and the beach was clean. You have to be careful with alcohol in Galveston, you can't have it on the beach pretty much from Stewart Beach to 61 st street.
            Depending on the time of day, whether its cloudy or not, if the winds blowing or not, etc..beer is allowed or not allowed.
            I lived there for several years, so speaking from first hand experience.
            Sometimes you can have a ring of beer bottles 20ft in diameter and nobody says a thing, other time Brazoria County wil come off the seawall, walk 400 yrds across the beach, and slap a monster out of your hand because he thought it was a beer.
            Sometimes you can set a tent up on East Beach, sometimes they will rip it down for you because you aren't packing up quick enough.
            Crazy azz crap shoot down there.
            I would say go East or West, but avoid G-Town except to eat.

Comment

Thanks for the info gents! Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X