Elevated Popup Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevated Popup Blind

How many of y’all are using platforms of some sort to elevate your ground blinds? I am thinking about building, or buying some 5’ platforms to put the pop up’s on. Hoping it will help with scent, and get us out of the direct line of sight a bit.

Interested in your thoughts on pros and cons.

Thanks

They work. I do my best to position mine in canopies of trees to create shadows. I try to stay northeast of my set so I eliminate prevailing dominant winds. It also helps with combating thermals that hug low lying areas. I've had good success on platforms.

Comment

Only way to go. Also helps keep things from chewing them up!

Comment

We have elevated all of ours, better visibility and easier to hide, plus gets you a better shot over the feeder pens. If you can find some scrap wood I personally like the 4 ft platforms over the 5ft ones. But the game winner one from academy has the trap door access so no zippers to fool with, that is nice

Comment

I’ve elevated mine the last few years. Seems to work just fine. I enjoy being off the ground

Comment

i use old hay rings, i have found a few on craigslist for $100 and then spend about (a few years ago anyway) $65 on lumber.

(3) 2x12's and (2) sheets of 5/8" plywood and you good to go.

one of mine is about 4.5' tall and the other is just under 5'

Comment

I don’t see any cons with elevating them. We have 3 that are elevated, 2 Mavericks and a home made house blind that someone here on TBH built. Pros are, scent not at ground level, less likely to be busted for movement/scent. Also your field of view should be a little better being up off the ground some.

One of our bases is a box blind tower 8’ tall that I modified. One is home made 4’ wood base, others is a scaffolding that I turned into a base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, I am going to build a few and try it out.

Comment

You want regret elevating them. If you are in an area that has some oak canopy, try and tuck your bases and blinds under the canopy.

Rwc

Comment

Elevated is great! I have several on piles of dirt. Also I built many platforms. If you go that route its a good idea to put a trap door in the floor and ladder underneath. That way you can get in and out without unzipping abd don't need extra platform to stand on.

Comment

I use a 5' scaffold for my popup. I want to be off of the ground, way from illegals, pigs, and cats.

Comment

I'm not good at building anything. What would be something easy and cheap to get to elevate a pop-up?

Comment

I saw this at Academy the other day. Looks like you climb up from underneath.

Comment

Yep!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X