No announcement yet.

2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That little rooster tail is just how my hull likes to perform. It is very light, and I have the gas tank up front and trim tabs for shallow water running, but cruising speed to keep that nose up without going WOT it likes a little trim.

Time to start lining up boat deck ornaments for spring. Maybe catch a few fish while I am at it.

Comment

LMAO! The single mom skiff rides again! Congrats on getting another motor running! You should consider making some side $$$ with part time engine repair!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        LMAO! The single mom skiff rides again! Congrats on getting another motor running! You should consider making some side $$$ with part time engine repair!
        HA, if i can pull off what I am trying- to just teach, and drop coaching for a while. It is just too much with the hours and my kids being so young, coaching and 3 kids full time by myself is a handful.

I am planning to start doing side jobs and probably flipping boats and motors and stuff to make extra $.

Rather flip ski boats though, easier to work on than outboards..

Comment

Will be at GRXH this weekend, hoping for some fish, anybody been on Granger lately?

I am thinking- "hoping"- they are moving towards the mouth of the river? Don't expect shallow yet, but maybe 6-10ft near shallower structure ?

Comment

For sure with these warm days this week there will be some fish shallow. You've got a front/storm moving in Wednesday and near full moon working against you but hopefully the white bass bite is there if the crappie get lock jaw!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              For sure with these warm days this week there will be some fish shallow. You've got a front/storm moving in Wednesday and near full moon working against you but hopefully the white bass bite is there if the crappie get lock jaw!
              That is what I am hoping. Also hoping the weather ends up at least a little warmer. People catching whites there already, but the forecast has me worried.

Comment

Made the ACT show last night and Crappie Masters tonight! Pretty cool to sit on the couch and watch yourself on TV! Fishing the next 3 days then at the office and then to D’Arbonne for 5 days! National tourney season is here again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  Made the ACT show last night and Crappie Masters tonight! Pretty cool to sit on the couch and watch yourself on TV! Fishing the next 3 days then at the office and then to D’Arbonne for 5 days! National tourney season is here again!!
                  Good luck brother

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Slew, gettcha some!.......more!

Comment

Couldn't buy a crappie on Granger. They were in trees brush 10-15' around the mouth of the river. Wouldn't bite. Even a guy with live scope couldn't get them to hit.

Caught a few whites, some cats on jugs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        Couldn't buy a crappie on Granger. They were in trees brush 10-15' around the mouth of the river. Wouldn't bite. Even a guy with live scope couldn't get them to hit.

Caught a few whites, some cats on jugs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Livescope just helps you see em Flex! It don’t make em bite! That said a bunch of em bit the last 2 days! They got beat down!! Grind through this short work week and off to lake D’Arbonne after white perch! Then 2 weeks and off to Grenada then 2 weeks and back to D’Arbonne for American Crappie Trail National Championship!

Comment

After working cows I was able to sneak away for an hour to catch dinner. Fished from the bank with a jig under a little cork.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got out for the first time yesterday evening and hit one that went 2.1 lbs in the same spot I caught a 3.2 lbs two years ago. Biggest regret I ever made was tossing that one back. The next one over 3 is going on the wall. Now the grind begins
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great job men

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Got out for the first time yesterday evening and hit one that went 2.1 lbs in the same spot I caught a 3.2 lbs two years ago. Biggest regret I ever made was tossing that one back. The next one over 3 is going on the wall. Now the grind begins
                                Get a Replica made! Bill Muntz with Fin and Bones Taxidermy has made me several!

Just needs a pic or a guess on size!

Comment

Working...
                                X