Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife & I disagree deer in ice chest ...opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put my quarters etc in heavy duty trash bags. The ice / water never touch the meat. Use what you have and add as needed...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      With 10 days, there is no doubt I would be dumping out your bacterial slush, spray the cooler down with bleach spray,rinse it out and buy new. Ice is cheap......doctor bills are not.

Agree [emoji115]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. If you don’t wanna be broke don’t marry it.

Comment

This is kind of like using someone else’s bar of soap. You know soap should be clean but the thought of all the places it’s been kind of makes you not want to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
            I've been in a lot of processing facilities and I have never seen any that soak the meat in ice water. If it is so good, why don't they do it?
            Because they have large walk-in coolers for aging meat, they don't need ice. Most of us peons don't have walk-in coolers readily available at our houses, so we have to improvise.

Comment

Yep, pick your battles. I'd pay $100 for ice to get my wife off many butt. Why take a chance to possibly get someone in your family sick unless your planning on giving your next deer to your wife's family then keep the ice.

Comment

I can't believe anyone would be so cheap/tight to use ice that has been in contact with deer blood for 10 days. I guess you were putting this out there to get your pot count up since you had already made up your mind in spite of what anyone told you. Carry on tightwad.

Comment

Good grief…

Comment

Of all the things I am cheap and stubborn about. Spending 5 minutes to clean the cooler and $10 on new ice is the obvious answer for this one. Not worth the risk or the disagreement with the wife.

This is why I don't take meat to the processor... people think that this is an acceptable practice and their meat gets mixed with everyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      With 10 days, there is no doubt I would be dumping out your bacterial slush, spray the cooler down with bleach spray,rinse it out and buy new. Ice is cheap......doctor bills are not.

This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        I shot a buck and it has been on ice for about 10 days in my ice chest till yesterday. I cut it all up. However, there is still alot of ice in the ice chest.

I am going hunting this weekend(tomorrow) and figured I'd drain the water out of the ice chest and call it good and take it with me and add some more ice.

wife thinks there are cootties in it and I should dump the ice and clean it out.

the TBH response is ...
                        Dont waste that ice and tell wife to deal with it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                          upsetting your wife seems pretty risky to me. you've got to pick your battles. give in on $10 worth of ice and make a stand on a better hill later.
                          Or have some scene control which seems to be going the way of common sense. Ain't too common anymore

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                            I can't believe anyone would be so cheap/tight to use ice that has been in contact with deer blood for 10 days. I guess you were putting this out there to get your pot count up since you had already made up your mind in spite of what anyone told you. Carry on tightwad.
                            I don't care about my post count.

Apparently, you did not read post 66 einstein.

Comment

You bastages make my head hurt.

Comment

I'm about to crank up a GoFundMe for HuntinDad ice...

Comment

Working...
                                X