Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is a multivitamin? What are the benefits of taking multivitamins? What is the best multivitamin for men and women? Learn the answers here.

Here you go. Read it , most likely you will be shocked.

Comment

NO. My doctor does blood work on me every year. I do give myself a B-12 shot every month as it is nearly impossible to build that level with food.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          How do you guys that take fish oil combat the burping taste/smell of warm cut shad...

I tried it but did not like it.
          Buy the burp free version. About $5.00 more per bottle I think. I have no issue when taking that version.

Comment

I am amazed by the number of us taking multi-vitamins without a sound reason or observed positive effect. Perhaps if I was doing intense training for a specific trip or event , I might be more inclined to take extra doses of something.
            I personally have never seen a difference when taking vitamins and have never been diagnosed with any deficiency.

Seems diet, sleep, and exercise would be more beneficial to us outdoor guys who lead active lives. I can tell you those three items are much more possible when you retire and have more free time.

Comment

I've never taken vitamins. Sometimes I will eat a Gummi vitamin

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                I've never taken vitamins. Sometimes I will eat a Gummi vitamin

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I’ve never ….but sometimes?. Got it. [emoji1787]

Thanks for the direction on the fish oil fellas. I’ll look into a better version.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                  https://legionathletics.com/best-multivitamin/

Here you go. Read it , most likely you will be shocked.

There is some good stuff in the article but loses me when it suggests it’s own product as the best to take.

Comment

I stopped the multi-vitamins and started eating healthier. At 43 I feel 28. My experience is cut out carbs and sugar and see how that does first. I've lost 30 lbs since June and feel like a new man.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                      I am amazed by the number of us taking multi-vitamins without a sound reason or observed positive effect. Perhaps if I was doing intense training for a specific trip or event , I might be more inclined to take extra doses of something.
                      I personally have never seen a difference when taking vitamins and have never been diagnosed with any deficiency.

Seems diet, sleep, and exercise would be more beneficial to us outdoor guys who lead active lives. I can tell you those three items are much more possible when you retire and have more free time.
                      I fall into this camp as well.

And to add to your argument, who decides how much of a particular vitamin or mineral is necessary and how is this determined? Is it the same for each person (probably not)?

If taking a multi-vitamin or other supplement doesn't make you feel any differently (i.e, better) in spite of what your serum levels may indicate (an improvement in your numbers), are you really benefitting?

Another thing to consider, are there other non-vitamin or -mineral substances in a multi-vitamin that might account for the user's enhanced feeling? For example, caffeine or taurine (found in energy drinks)?

As we all know, there is a plethora of choices in the "dietary food supplement" market. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, these remedies are largely unregulated. While I'm not the biggest fan of government oversight, the alternative, at least in this instance, is a Wild West free-for-all where anything goes. And say what you will about the mercenary evils of "Big Pharma," the companies who manufacture and market these supplements have the very same profit imperative as drug companies do.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                        Buy the burp free version. About $5.00 more per bottle I think. I have no issue when taking that version.

We switched to buying the Kirkland brand fish oil at Costco and no more fishy aftertaste.

Comment

Originally posted by krtnorris View Post
                          I stopped the multi-vitamins and started eating healthier. At 43 I feel 28. My experience is cut out carbs and sugar and see how that does first. I've lost 30 lbs since June and feel like a new man.

Same here. Down 20+ since the summer.

Comment

I take Sam's Club branded "over 50" multi-vitamin....plus, 6K units of D3, two different cholesterol meds, and 200mg of Trazadone to stay asleep.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            You are officially an old fart when you get one of these. [emoji23]
                            Just wait until you have to get a double-sided one for AM & PM.

Comment

1 Centrum silver, a 500 mg vitamin C and a single 81mg aspirin everyday after lunch.

Comment

From what we learned is that Multi-v’s are not a good way to go- as stated above they have either too much or too little! Taking the wrong vitamins can definitely hurt us so for me that totally rules out a multi vitamin. As far as vitamins working I can attest to the vitamins I take for my vision, if I don’t take them for a couple of days my eyes get extremely dry but when I start them again , within 2 days I notice a huge difference ( I don’t run out of them anymore) lol. Cheap vitamins are exactly that Cheap with added fillers and other crapola along with being poorly refined. Vitamins can also have poor interactions with other medications do if you start feeling different after starting a new vitamin then stop immediately and call your physician.

Comment

Working...
                                X