Kansas Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Buck

I was fortunate to be able to go to our farm twice this month, and was hoping to connect with one of four big bucks that I have been seeing on camera. The first week of November wasn’t great weather wise, as wind was gusting to over 40 on day one. Day 2 was non stop rain, but did manage a doe when the rain broke in the afternoon. Day 3 was really nice, cold and clear with the perfect wind for my stand near a creek that serves as a funnel. I had a close encounter with a really big buck that has 13-14 points and is wide and heavy, but I couldn’t get a shot. Later that day I had 2 more big boys show up and same thing, no shot.

Over Thanksgiving they were still chasing and I saw 8-10 different bucks and had a shot at a heavy 10, but a branch that I didn’t notice deflected the arrow. I had to yell to get him to stop. On the last afternoon I had this guy come in from downwind, and was heading straight for me. I realized that my release was on upside down, and fumbled to get it corrected. He was pretty intent on the hand corn, and chowed down for 15 minutes, always straight on to me. He finally moved off and gave me the shot I wanted, and the arrow went right were it was supposed to. It was a great way to end the season. This old guy had a pretty nasty wound in between his antlers, maybe a piece broken off in his skull, and obviously his right side was broken off. Pretty cool buck regardless.
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

Old warrior there

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations, heck of a deer!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!!! Kansas kicked our butts for 2 weeks, glad to see someone have success.

Comment

Congrats. Just curious, if you had numerous bucks showing up, why did you shoot the half rack?

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Those are some thick bases. Imagine what it would take to break that off. They were getting after it! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                  Congrats. Just curious, if you had numerous bucks showing up, why did you shoot the half rack?
                  They were too young, couldn’t get a shot at the big boys that showed up. I had been seeing several bucks on our place that were stunted on one side or another, and I thought that he was one of them. I didn’t realize it was just broken off until I ground checked him.

Comment

Congratulations! Sounds like an awesome trip

Comment

yes sir, congrats

Comment

Congrats again, bud!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great Old Buck. Super great mass. Congrats on a Good'un

Comment

Cool

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X