Mushroom id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushroom id

What’s this? There are old mushroomers and bold mushroomers but no old bold mushroomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like massive yellow chanterelles. Some of the choicest. I missed a fat crop the other day in my pasture, by the time I got to them they were slimy. Check the gills

The gills will be the tell all.

Proper identification of chanterelle mushrooms is crucial if you want to start harvesting them from the wild. There are poisonous false species; so making a mistake could lead to a miserable intestinal adventure. Yet don't
    Last edited by Ætheling; 11-25-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
      What’s this? There are old mushroomers and bold mushroomers but no old bold mushroomers.

I’m thinking jack o lantern. Clusters instead of more spaced, and although not on a wood base, the soil looks pretty woody. Cut one open and if the meat is white, probably a chanterelle.

Comment

Comment

Not Chantrells! They maybe Jack o’ lanterns or false Chantrells. If they glow in the dark they are Jack o’lanterns which are not edible. Chanterelle do not grow together like that.

Comment

Got this from another site.

an Omphalotus species (which are toxic)

I'm certain they aren't active, but I'm real curious since they are ENORMOUS and popped up out of the ground near my front door overnight! Cool-looking things, they are. Anyway, they are a very uniform

Comment

Jack o lantern is the internet consensus. Trash bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

Chanterelles have false gills. Jackolanterns have true gills with them being the toxic mimic of chanterelles. Do your research and youll be fine, they sell em at the HEB for crying out loud. I eat mushrooms off my place all the time. Mostly Oysters and yellow chanterelles. You probably have been scared off by now though 😂

Comment

From my field guide…
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                    Not Chantrells! They maybe Jack o’ lanterns or false Chantrells. If they glow in the dark they are Jack o’lanterns which are not edible. Chanterelle do not grow together like that.
                    Oh, jack o lanterns are edible. Might get a little woozy and have a gut bomb, but you can eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      Oh, jack o lanterns are edible. Might get a little woozy and have a gut bomb, but you can eat them.

Post Thx weight loss plan lol

Comment

not chanterelles! don't eat unless you want to feel like you're dying.

Comment

Working...
                        X