BF Deal Alert, Dutch Ovens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF Deal Alert, Dutch Ovens

Probably a ton of deal alerts today but while I was browsing the Zwilling site to gather info for a response to the what cookware thread, I got derailed by the Staub Dutch Ovens. They are made in France and rival Le Creuset. They can handle 900* without the lid and 500* with a lid. Reviews said they are on par with the best of the best, but were slightly harder to clean. They did say they were better at cooking though.

The ones I was eyeing were marked 75% off due to small cosmetic blemishes. The reviews had folks stating they were nearly unnoticeable. A gamble, yes, you don't know what blemish you are getting, but a $600 Dutch oven going for $179 may be worth getting into.

Find the best deals on ZWILLING cookware, STAUB Dutch ovens, HENCKELS knives, and more during our 2022 Black Friday Sale.

Comment

Wow! I nearly fell all over myself looking at the 75% off deals! Bought a 7 qt Dutch oven.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks CTOM, heckuva deal there. Went with a 7 qt as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 5 qt Staub I have usually sells for $99 when on sale online. Just an FYI. It’s my favorite pot.

Comment

Glad I could help. Of course 3 minutes later I see the balck Friday thread

Comment

Comment

Thanks so much! Exactly what I wanted to get my bride for Christmas.

Comment

Unbelievable deals, I sent it to my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                    The 5 qt Staub I have usually sells for $99 when on sale online. Just an FYI. It’s my favorite pot.

I’ve never owned a piece of Staub cookware. May i ask what you like about it and how best you like to use it?

Comment

I like the concept of a tall, slim profile for sourdough’s but keep in mind if you are using for sauces and stews you really want the white enameling inside the pot. If you go with dark you cannot see your fond/base development and can easily burn it before the deglaze making for a bitter, ruined meal. Just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                        I like the concept of a tall, slim profile for sourdough’s but keep in mind if you are using for sauces and stews you really want the white enameling inside the pot. If you go with dark you cannot see your fond/base development and can easily burn it before the deglaze making for a bitter, ruined meal. Just fyi.

Great advice. Thanks!

Comment

My wife is making chicken soup in hers today. She loves it

Comment

Seriously? 500 bucks without the "deal". Good lawd

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Seriously? 500 bucks without the "deal". Good lawd

You’re missing the whole point.

I just spent $159.99 to save $404 on something that will radically improve the quality of my life (or, at the very least, dinner), something I never even knew I needed until today.

I don’t get what’s so difficult about this??

Comment

Working...
                              X