69 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

69 Corvette

I have the opportunity to buy a 69 corvette. The car is in extremely rough shape, it hasn’t ran in decades. Needs a new interior, dash, floor panel, basically everything inside. The exterior is not as bad as the inside, 1 front fender is cracked maybe some other things will need to be replaced. Of course tons of body work and paint. I maybe able to get it for $500-$800 with a title. I wish I had pics of the vehicle but just as far as what you’re hearing and can imagine is this something I should look into. A lot of the work I can do myself, replace parts and what not. I just don’t want to get way over my head, i was wishing maybe some other weekend mechanics can chime in on their experiences.

Small block or big block? AT or standard transmission?

Comment

cant go wrong at that price

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        Small block or big block? AT or standard transmission?
        Small block, auto, hardtop.

Comment

It’s T Tops, burgundy metallic was the original color I believe.

Comment

It’s probably worth $300 in scrap metal. I don’t see how you can go wrong with this deal.

Comment

A rusted frame, and birdcage you’d more than likely be getting in over your head. I’ve learned you’re better off buying a solid frame car that needs body work or engine work or something along those lines. We own a 72 that’s a daily driver but has a bad frame.

Comment

I would be salivating if it was my deal! And it would already be a done deal!

Comment

I would think if it is all there worst case you could part it out and recover your invstment, possibly make money

Comment

I wouldn’t touch it unless you have a lifelong dream to own one. You will be upside down real quick

Comment

I couldn’t get rid of this numbers matching LS5 4spd last year. Corvette guys are the worst buyers to deal with.

Comment

This would be a slow and steady process. I don’t plan on haven’t road worthy until years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                          I couldn’t get rid of this numbers matching LS5 4spd last year. Corvette guys are the worst buyers to deal with.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...t=454+corvette
                          Yours is in way better condition than the one I’m looking at.

Comment

Anything with a title is probably worth that. You might be able to give it a good bath and double your money.

Comment

Please tell me it’s yellow

Comment

Working...
                              X