No announcement yet.

Texasbowhunter.com Blanco County Season-long Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caught up. Congrats to all the killers, especially the younger ones!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

All set in the same locations as yesterday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congratulations Kels. Good luck to everyone else.

Comment

I’ve had quite a bit of activity this morning. A young buck and a doe came in downwind. They didn’t really bust me, but they were nervous. He finally chased her back to the northeast.

Two young does ate on hand corn on a perfect spot. Mamma finally came around but didn’t go to that lane. She walked them off a bit, but then came back from downwind. She fed on yesterday’s corn (NW wind) but facing toward me. She was nervous the whole time. She finally tuned and started walking away. I drew and she stopped for a brief second. I rushed the shot and missed over her. Doh! I reviewed the footage and it was badly out of focus, so I’m not really all that disappointed I didn’t connect. LOL!

I’ve had two groups of axis in the vicinity. One group of about 5 went down in the creek and (kind of) toward Jnet. The other BIG group was grazing from the west, about 60 yards north of me at the edge of my tree line. Unfortunately, their path took them directly downwind. A couple of barks and they all scattered to the north.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Our axis are tough!!
            Lesto!!

Comment

Kelsey and her boyfriend butchered her buck today. He's going to make good jerky and sausage.

We'll enjoy grilled backstraps from my buck here in just a bit.Click image for larger version

Name:	20221106_155614.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	24697138Click image for larger version

Name:	146045.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	24697139

Comment

Might be the biggest batch we've ever put in the dehydrator.Click image for larger version

Name:	20221106_202945.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	24697144

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Might be the biggest batch we've ever put in the dehydrator.[ATTACH]1108422[/ATTACH]
                  What brand dehydrator would that be? Does it work well? I am in the market for one. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by mako191 View Post
                    What brand dehydrator would that be? Does it work well? I am in the market for one. TIA.
                    Cabela's

It's served me well for close to 10 years. Big enough to put a coffee soaked laptop in. Trust me, I've done it.

Comment

It’s been a busy week of driving all around Texas, but Hannah, Jnet and I are finally back at the lease for the weekend. Jnet is in a Krivoman blind at Bomb Shelter North, while Hannah and I are sheltering from the wind and rain in relative comfort of a Xenek Ground Blind.

Colette is at The Ridge and Les is being Camo B…Chef, preparing this evenings dinner of fried backstrap!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hey!! I'm settled in, too! 😅
                        Attached Files
                        Lesto!!

Comment

Drop the rest on something tonight!!

Comment

Small buck was coming in but approaching from downwind. He didn’t like it.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Good luck Michael and crew!

Les knows where it’s at though haha

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                                Hey!! I'm settled in, too! 😅

You look like you got the most comfortable of blinds.

The best to the rest!

Comment

Working...
                                X