Arrow tuning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow tuning question

So I bareshafted my arrows and got a finally got a dart out of my bow but once I fletched all my arrows are hitting left of my aim. Why would they do that when the bare shaft hits right on? I’m shooting a satori 35lbs@28 split finger, gold tip traditional 500 28” with 250gr up front. Thanks

Adding weight to the back will stiffen your arrow, even fletching can have an effect. If that’s the issue you’re having, a slight increase in brace height will likely take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a problem I have often.
      Good question MrHog.
      Good push MrB.

Comment

What you found is why I only rarely shoot bare shafts. Usually, I can shoot the bow a couple of times with an arrow spine that I know should work and be able to tell if I've got something to work with. One thing that I would not try is a 500 spine on a 35-pound bow. You don't say what the arrow length is or what your draw length is. I've had full length 500 spine arrows with 250 grains up front work great with bows pulling around fifty pounds. With the Satori and the variable side plate thickness, you can break some rules and get away with it. If there are any shims installed, pull one out and see what you get.

Comment

My satori liked quite a bit weaker spine than I anticipated. I wound up going to a springy rest for this exact reason.

Form is such a huge issue in shooting bare shafts. I only worry about nock orientation for knowing spine purposes.

Just out of curiosity, what length fletching and configuration are you running? I run four four inch feathers and fletched hit left, bareshaft tend to be a little right. When I throw broadheads on I dont care as long as they hit same POI.
          Last edited by Kirby86; 11-09-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

my bow did the same thing. I figured I am never going to be shooting the thing bare shafted so I just tuned and a sighted it in for the arrow with fletching's on it. the fun part is when you have a mechanical and a fixed blade hitting in 2 different spots........trying to fix that is time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
              my bow did the same thing. I figured I am never going to be shooting the thing bare shafted so I just tuned and a sighted it in for the arrow with fletching's on it. the fun part is when you have a mechanical and a fixed blade hitting in 2 different spots........trying to fix that is time consuming.
              Trad section here. I'm the only crazy one who shoots mechanicals now and then.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

My draw length is 27 and my arrows are 28.5”. I may try 600’s and see if that tunes better.

Comment

Working...
                X