Have y’all decided which

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have y’all decided which

Cell cam is the best yet? I haven’t bought one simply because seems like at least once a week someone is having problems with one. Another question. Shout even buy one when my cell service is sometimes one bar?

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    Cell cam is the best yet? I haven’t bought one simply because seems like at least once a week someone is having problems with one. Another question. Shout even buy one when my cell service is sometimes one bar?
    I wondered about that myself, so when I bought one for my hog trap I went ahead and got an antenna for it. I never had to put it up though because one bar was plenty. Take into consideration that Verizon signals were better a few years ago but I guess one bar is one bar regardless.

BTW, my cell cam was a Spartan from HCO, it worked flawlessly for me.
    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-25-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I have a spy point cell link connected to a browning strike force that has worked pretty well. It will not send upon activation but does the every 2 hour thing and has performed pretty flawlessly.

I recently bought the Tactacam Reveal XB and it came with both Verizon and AT&T sim cards so I could choose the network. It's on Verizon now and works pretty well. If I had to buy another I'd likely get another one of the Reveal cams.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Whichever you choose, get an extended antenna for it. I still think the top ones are Covert and Spartan.

I have switched to Tactacam’s only now, but they are not the best for quality pics. I may end up selling a couple Covert cameras.
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 10-25-2022, 10:49 AM.

Comment

So a longer antenna Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Whichever you choose, get an extended antenna for it. I still think the top ones are Covert and Spartan.

I have switched to Tactacam’s only now, but they are not the best for quality pics. I may end up selling a couple Covert cameras.
            What about Reconyx? [emoji1787][emoji56]

Comment

The fact that the second generation (or is it 3rd) Tactacam Reveals now come with both a verizon and at&t sim card is a big plus... I have ditched Covert. Like the phone app better than Tactacam, but pic quality is just not there and night shot range is about half of what Tactacam is. I was running Reveal X gen1's and just bought 3 of the gen 2's... The ability to download video straight from the camera to your cell is awesome. I had all my gen1's taking both and pic and video... would save the good pics, then when I pull the card, would go to that pic and look at the videos before it and after it... You get SO MUCH MORE with a 7-10 second video than you do a still image! Video quality is way more clear than a still image too... The really nice part is the cameras don't break the bank. Quality is good and customer service from Tactacam is top notch... Covert is marginal in all those areas... I have 2 brand new Code black ATT's still in the box that I'm going to sell plus another one that was out that I took down this weekend and replaced it with a Tactacam Reveal Xgen2... SO MUCH BETTER!!

Comment

I just looked at bass pro and they have the extended antenna for $25.00

Comment

I had the same question as the OP, and did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews. Ended up going with the Tactacam Reveal XB. I have been very impressed with the camera quality and picture quality, both day and night. I have almost 2,000 pics so far this season, and no issues whatsoever. It has saved me a significant amount of money on gas that I would have spent making multiple trips to the lease to pull SD cards.

Comment

Moultree mobile ain't the one...I'll tell you that much. I'm also impatient and may not have given it a fair shot. lol

Comment

My wife has always told me “buy what you want” and I always seem to go back to the scarcity mode that I was raised on. So, I buy what I can get by on and regret it later. I’m changing all of that gradually and glad of it.

Comment

I have a little experience with Spartan, Covert,Tactacam, Spypoint and Moultrie.

Thats the order of preference and I wouldn't buy spypoint or moultrie.

I'm currently running Coverts. I like the spartans my buddies have better. The tactacams seem good especially for the money they cost.

Comment

I have a Tactacam Reveal and several spypoints. They have both given me problems and both worked well at times. Right now I'd say Tactacam. One good thing about spypoint is that when they've gone down they've replaced them without question.

I have a theory about cell cams. Back in the day when you had to pull cards even the best cameras had failures. Thing is you only knew it wasn't working when you went to physically pull the cards. One time disappointment. With the cell cams you have disappointment twice a day all the way till you can get to it to fix it and I think this causes more frustration and complaining. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Very happy with my Reveal X cams…. I’m running 4 currently. Battery life is decent also

Comment

Not sure which one is the best, but would bet that SPYPOINT is the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X