No announcement yet.

Wireless Tower lease??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find out how big of a footprint it will take. Take the annual revenue and divide by the footprint (in acres or fraction of an acre) to find how much that piece of land will produce. Compare that number to the average revenue per acre that your land typically produces. I think that you will find that there really isn't any comparison. Then consider if you mind looking at a tower every day for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 09-17-2022, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, everyone. I have been trying to find a lawyer to look at the initial paperwork. They wanted to do an initial site visit yesterday and were pretty insistent that I sign a Business Terms Agreement after doing so. I had my newly acquired lawyer look at it. It said in the document that it is not a binding agreement. My lawyer said it is basically a worthless document. So I am pretty sure it is just something they want to hold over my head and say "but you signed this'.

The biggest thing in it that might hold a little weight is the confidentiality agreement. I plan on honoring it, so I really cannot say what the current offer is.

But since this land is in the flood plain and really is only suitable for agriculture and wildlife, I am moving forward cautiously and with a lawyer.

TK Ranch and 60 Deluxe, I agree completely. And since I don't live on the land, I won't have to worry about looking at the tower. I also have a farmer who is interested in possibly buying the land to farm. So I might make him a decent deal on it and keep the tower income if all works out.
      Last edited by wickll; 10-01-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

^

Comment

Get a demolition clause. Technology is changing quickly. What do they do if they abandon the tower due to obsolescence? Do they remove it? I would want that in the contract.

Comment

Make sure you get the title work done correctly. Many years ago I had an incident where the title verbiage was poor and the company had changed names well over 10 times since the original tower was installed. Biggest issue was ingresa/egress which appeared as though the tower company owned the land. It was expensive and time consuming to get corrected. Most of the companies did not exist any longer.

Comment

A 300' guyed tower all in a 100x100 footprint? I think not!

That's a pretty steep angle to the anchor heads. This is for a 300' tower the anchors are 240' from base of the tower.

I'd ask to see a drawing of the layout first.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X