auto insurance wreck question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
    Rates do not always go up after an accident. Certain companies you can pay extra for accident forgiveness. My Progressive customers earn large accident forgiveness if you have been with them for five years. Not 100% sure, but I do not believe USAA has that benefit.
    So paying extra for accident forgiveness isn't basically the same as a rate increase?

Comment

[QUOTE=60 Deluxe;16465015]So paying extra for accident forgiveness isn't basically the same as a rate increase?[/QUOTE

No. Again some companies you earn it based on longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        A rear door job should be 3K

Repair both because the ins is going up no matter what you repair...
        ^ Its why you pay insurance

Comment

But you lose 5 year claim free discounts and 3 year safe driving discounts if/when something does happen so while your “rates” don’t increase your monthly premium still increases because you lose the those “discounts”

They get it back one way or another. Get your damages fixed and just know you’re going to need to shop rates on every renewal for the next 3-5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            At fault wreck will jack his rates up whether you fix his vehicle or not.
            This is basically the correct answer in most instances. Only difference would be in your overall loss ratio with the insurance carrier. Which, if you have future losses, could affect whether they might non-renew your policy. But that’s kind of a worse case scenario. My suggestion is absolutely fix both vehicles if you file the claim to fix the other car.

Comment

I believe USAA accident forgiveness kicks in with no charge after 5 years with no accidents. Amount premium goes up depends on whose fault, amount of damage and how many previous accidents

Comment

Working...
              X