Matador Mule deer - check your draw status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matador Mule deer - check your draw status

Looks like a few still haven’t paid for their permits as it’s still pending 2nd draw (usually changes to not drawn quick) That would suck to draw this hunt and miss the permit deadline. Missed Engeling once because the permit deadline was just a few days after the draw rather than the standard week or two and that hurt.
    Last edited by SC-001; 10-19-2022, 04:08 PM.

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
    Looks like a few still haven’t paid for their permits as it’s still pending 2nd draw (usually changes to not drawn quick) That would suck to draw this hunt and miss the permit deadline. Missed Engeling once because the permit deadline was just a few days after the draw rather than the standard week or two and that hurt.
    Its only been 2 days. When is the deadline to pay for the permits on Mule Deer?

Comment

Deadline is the 27th, my group is 4 of the 10 slots drawn. We’re all 4 going, so there’s a chance at 6 other spots. Can’t wait for the hunt, should be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
        Deadline is the 27th, my group is 4 of the 10 slots drawn. We’re all 4 going, so there’s a chance at 6 other spots. Can’t wait for the hunt, should be a blast.
        Congratulations on drawing. I want to hunt mule deer there something bad. I'm pending second draw on it. Let me know how it goes.

I have even applied my son out there for hogs in the youth category. That's on the next round of drawings. It will be fun to hunt there (if he's drawn) and take that knowledge with me for any additional times I'm drawn for there.

Comment

Thanks Brad, we got lucky for sure. Trying to get some intel on the place, but most in the know are pretty tight lipped with info. lol

Comment

Thanks Brad, we got lucky for sure. Trying to get some intel on the place, but most in the know are pretty tight lipped with info. lol
            For sure

Comment

There are 10 permits/groups for that hunt; each can have up to 4 people, so max 40 from the drawing. Plus, they usually take at least 1 standby group.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                There are 10 permits/groups for that hunt; each can have up to 4 people, so max 40 from the drawing. Plus, they usually take at least 1 standby group.
                Locals lol

Comment

There's a few threads on here about it. It's been awhile but I did read them all and there was some decent information on it.

That's part of why I applied my son for the youth hog hunt there. Nothing like first hand knowledge of a place. The deadline for that is November 1 so I don't know yet but fingers crossed. That hunt takes place after the mule deer hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                    When I bowhunted there they counted each person as a permit so I think its only 10 people total.

Comment

The Pending 2nd draw status is not a direct reflection or representation on whether or not anyone has paid for their permit yet. If though, by chance, a permit is not purchased than a second drawing will take place after the deadline to purchase it has passed. That 10’ish day period in between will say Pending 2nd Draw regardless of permits purchased.

I believe there are certain hunts though that don’t offer a second chance drawing, similar to how some don’t offer standbys, and those automatically go to ‘not selected’. Not sure why some do and some don’t but that’s just what I’ve noticed over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                        The Pending 2nd draw status is not a direct reflection or representation on whether or not anyone has paid for their permit yet. If though, by chance, a permit is not purchased than a second drawing will take place after the deadline to purchase it has passed. That 10’ish day period in between will say Pending 2nd Draw regardless of permits purchased.

I believe there are certain hunts though that don’t offer a second chance drawing, similar to how some don’t offer standbys, and those automatically go to ‘not selected’. Not sure why some do and some don’t but that’s just what I’ve noticed over the years.
                        Big Bend Sp and Powderhorn are a few that go striaght to Not Selected

Comment

Big Bend SP used to not be that way. Two years ago I was drawn for Gun Mule Deer on the second draw.

Comment

10 permits. Max hunters is 13 depending on order of draw.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                              10 permits. Max hunters is 13 depending on order of draw.
                              They won’t overdraw so if 9/10 spots have been drawn, only single applicants will be eligible for the last spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X