30 TPWD Loyalty points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
    my 18 weren't either. Someone will show up with 2 pts and a selection.
    Drew the GDE chap back in 2016 with 2 points. You just never know.

Comment

It’s unfortunate for hunters that Texas is 95% private land. But the system of cubing points is probably as good as you’ll get for the minuscule amount of public land hunting in Texas combined with number of applicants. The hunting situation here is the only reason I want to move elsewhere.

Comment

So as a group of two, With average of 30 loyalty points. Does that mean that each name goes into the hat 30 cubed?

If so that’s even more insane.

Comment

They need to start publishing the data that shows what each hunt was drawn out at with regard to points like other states do. I believe we are being lied to on the formula.

Comment

I think some of y'all don't understand how a lottery works. It does suck that you haven't drawn but still, at the end of the day, it is just luck of the draw. I bet if you put in for something else besides Chap or Powderhorn you probably will draw. Those hunts just have such low odds it's crazy hard to draw. Even w/ 27,000 entries.

I'm sorry that you haven't drawn and I feel for you!!!

Comment

I agree with the above, the draws seem to be completely random or their not explaining how poor the odds really are so they don't scare people off.

It also seems like the always send a random email the day the drawing occurs. This must me an internal sick joke....

Comment

I've got 27 points for pronghorn and there is still a very good likelihood that I'll never be drawn. Doesn't bother me even a little bit. It's just a low cost opportunity to try and get a neat hunt. The system isn't broken, the system isn't the devil, and its not a conspiracy. It makes me shake my head when people are amazed they didn't draw. Some people just don't understand how math works.

Comment

Originally posted by Cox1 View Post
                  I’ve said this before but I wish TPWD would make a certain percent, say 25 percent available to only 20 plus points applicants or something similar, and then the remainder everyone goes in pot. It wouldn’t be that difficult to reward long time applicants better than the random drawing system in place now. Unfortunately I believe the main goal now is lots of applications earning TPWD $3 each. I know there are more and more people and applicants but since switching to online applications and then allowing unlimited entries per category it has definitely gotten harder to draw. I guess our best hope for the future is more public lands becoming available for draws. Oh well I’ll keep applying anyway.
                  Yeah but its going the other direction, some of you might be shocked how many more draw permits used to be available 20 years ago, and there are lots of draw areas that used to that aren't drawing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                    They need to start publishing the data that shows what each hunt was drawn out at with regard to points like other states do. I believe we are being lied to on the formula.
                    I believe there have been lawsuits filed in other states that forced the DNR to publish this data. TPWD doesn't want to do it because once the genie is out of the bottle about truly how bad the draw odds are now with the online system and unlimited applications per hunt category they know application $$$ will drop.

Comment

I was drawn for chap archery and Laguna the same year with three points. It does suck you rack up so many points for no reason! Probably have better odds drawing a good tag out of state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                        I was drawn for chap archery and Laguna the same year with three points. It does suck you rack up so many points for no reason! Probably have better odds drawing a good tag out of state

You were probably 200x more likely to draw Chap archery deer w 3 points in the old system than you are in the new cubed system. LA has 800 tags for 1500 applicants. 3 points is a lot for that one.

It is definitely easier to draw out of state. It can be easier to draw a bighorn sheep tag in some places than it is to draw a javelina hunt in texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                          You were probably 200x more likely to draw Chap archery deer w 3 points in the old system than you are in the new cubed system. LA has 800 tags for 1500 applicants. 3 points is a lot for that one.

It is definitely easier to draw out of state. It can be easier to draw a bighorn sheep tag in some places than it is to draw a javelina hunt in texas.

I’m lucky enough to have my own life of property to hunt , but if the prices go up in these drawings I’m out! We are basically donating money now

Comment

I have only been putting in for 8 years and have less than 3 points in some. I have never been drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              I believe there have been lawsuits filed in other states that forced the DNR to publish this data. TPWD doesn't want to do it because once the genie is out of the bottle about truly how bad the draw odds are now with the online system and unlimited applications per hunt category they know application $$$ will drop.
                              TPWD is a state agency. You can make an Open Records Request and they have to give you what you ask for. Unless it's private property related, and this isn't. You don't need a lawyer or a lawsuit, just a phone call and an email. You will have to pay for whatever amount of time they think it will require to assemble your requested info, but that should take a push of a few keyboard keys and a click of a mouse. It's not a conspiracy. It's just math. It's not a secret that the odds are low.

The pronghorn draw that DeerGuy mentioned is a great example and probably lower odds than the Chap, I don't care that much so I'm not going to look that up. But about 9000 people put in for about 10 pronghorn tags. I have 20 points, DeerGuy has 27, and the OP has 32. So, 10 hunters got drawn, thus there's 8,990 hunters who all have a bunch of points also. So cubing, while mathematically increasing odds relative to points, does not do much to help you get drawn. I don't know the OP, but it's fairly safe to assume that he has not been putting in for 32 years at Atlanta State Park GDE.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Not 30, 30 cubed. Our 20+ weren't enough either. TPWD throw this man a bone!

I'm convinced that's a lie, I know too many who got drawn early including myself, mule deer archery. They get you hooked on the crack.
                                They did. Wrong bone though.

Comment

Working...
                                X